[SOLVED] 500$ Home office pc

matizami

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
Hi guys,

Looking for a simple home use/office PC around 500$. The only game it will be used or most frequent one is football manager.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/szyF6R

I'm not sure how good the PSU is, though. Another option is to buy 3400g instead of 3200g, but I think it might be overkill. But as far as I know 3200g, doesn't require bios update, right?

I'm buying it in Israel, so the prices are more expensive, and the variety is limited.
You can check here (it's even in English!!)

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Hi guys,

Looking for a simple home use/office PC around 500$. The only game it will be used or most frequent one is football manager.

I'm not sure how good the PSU is, though. Another option is to buy 3400g instead of 3200g, but I think it might be overkill. But as far as I know 3200g, doesn't require bios update, right?

I'm buying it in Israel, so the prices are more expensive, and the variety is limited.

Thanks

Seems good to me. RAM is never enough hahahaha, keep in mind when gaming you will use RAM so having 16GB of RAM, while using perhaps a few chrome tabs, office (excel, words), and whatever, is not a...

EdgeT

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I think you'll need a BIOS update.
But the rest seems fine, almost overkill. Depends on what you do with it exactly. For example, you can downgrade to 240GB SSD and/or 8 GBs of RAM, if you don't actually need more. If you can get a good quality lower-power PSU pretty cheaply (I don't know how things work in Israel), do it, for office needs, 450W is way too much since you only want the integrated GPU.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Seems good to me. RAM is never enough hahahaha, keep in mind when gaming you will use RAM so having 16GB of RAM, while using perhaps a few chrome tabs, office (excel, words), and whatever, is not a bad idea.

One thing I would change, since its has more power, is cheaper, and semi-modular is the PSU:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($72.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($81.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Case: Antec P110 Silent ATX Mid Tower Case ($106.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($94.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $519.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-11 09:11 EDT-0400

Other than that, the Ryzen 3200G as its not a bad choice, but the 4 extra threads and the slightly more powerfull iGPU of the Ryzen 5 3400G does sound more appaeling. Do you need it right now?, probably not, but is not bad to have the extra performance there, just in case (if price is decent of course).

Cheers!

Solution
Jun 13, 2020
For what it's worth, I built a system with a B450M DS3H & Ryzen 5 3600 from MicroCenter back in October 2019 and did not require a BIOS update. Maybe that was MicroCenter specific, but I'd like to think that by June 2020, this board should be updated to support Ryzen 3000 series out of the box.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the m.2 drive is really overkill for an office pc. you can save good bit and just get a cheap ssd or even a spinning drive. not a big deal for simple office operations.

you can get a wd blue 1 tb for about $45 and you'd likely never notice a difference