[SOLVED] 5000 series CPU, Out of the box ready Motherboards?

Nov 4, 2020
Hello all,

Currently in the process of gathering all my components to build a PC, Tomorrow the 5000 series AMD CPUs release and i am trying to figure out will the CPU work with any motherboards out of the box or am i going to have to flash the BIOS?

Looking to get,

CPU: AMD 5900x
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E (would prefer something cheaper)

Other components i have purchased (please let me know if you see something alarming)

GPU: RTX 3070 FE (i got lucky)
RAM: 32gb of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600
COOLER: NZXT KRAKEN Z63
STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM750x
CASE: Corsair 4000x

Thanks for any replies.

Solution
They will have new batch of X570 boards but Im willing to say 75 percent of whatever X570 you buy will need a BIOS firmware update and your good to go. It made sense of AMD to not make a new chipset with these new 5000 series as they are basically a 4000 series for notebooks and sorta like 3000 series. As long as they can squeeze PCIe 4.0 and 7nm their happy. Not hard at all and low cost to get 19+ IPC is pretty incredible of them to do. Here is where the problem layeth tho. We always have AMD fan boys talking crap to Intel fanboys. We have to remember one thing guys Intel do certain compututational tasks better or with more feature rich then AMD. A real pro IT person would never put a threadripper 64 core as the company server...

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020
They will have new batch of X570 boards but Im willing to say 75 percent of whatever X570 you buy will need a BIOS firmware update and your good to go. It made sense of AMD to not make a new chipset with these new 5000 series as they are basically a 4000 series for notebooks and sorta like 3000 series. As long as they can squeeze PCIe 4.0 and 7nm their happy. Not hard at all and low cost to get 19+ IPC is pretty incredible of them to do. Here is where the problem layeth tho. We always have AMD fan boys talking crap to Intel fanboys. We have to remember one thing guys Intel do certain compututational tasks better or with more feature rich then AMD. A real pro IT person would never put a threadripper 64 core as the company server. Instead he would put a dual socket Xeon 26 core each with Thunderbolt 3.0 and shizel. Also now that Premiere can export usin GPU it is 600 percent faster then your CPU so what are these threads for? For years AMD has said 12 core 16 core gaming machine. While Intel has been honest and said 8 core and recently 10 core just to compete with Ryzen. I mean if Im a gamer I want a Intel and nVidia box.TLDR

Now AMD is trying to shake the earth however they are basing their speed based on 1080p gaming. Come on now. 1440p is the sweet spot and all hardcore gamers know it. So every generation we spend money on a 19+ IPC supposed across all applications? Also machine learning and VR and AI is better on Intel platform. Like movie studios have quad xeon box 26 core each, to render and work on their stuff. AMD is fulfilling to the consumer world but the pro world knows its Intel and nVidia video editing cards.

Solution
Nov 4, 2020
They will have new batch of X570 boards but Im willing to say 75 percent of whatever X570 you buy will need a BIOS firmware update and your good to go. It made sense of AMD to not make a new chipset with these new 5000 series as they are basically a 4000 series for notebooks and sorta like 3000 series. As long as they can squeeze PCIe 4.0 and 7nm their happy. Not hard at all and low cost to get 19+ IPC is pretty incredible of them to do. Here is where the problem layeth tho. We always have AMD fan boys talking crap to Intel fanboys. We have to remember one thing guys Intel do certain compututational tasks better or with more feature rich then AMD. A real pro IT person would never put a threadripper 64 core as the company server. Instead he would put a dual socket Xeon 26 core each with Thunderbolt 3.0 and shizel. Also now that Premiere can export usin GPU it is 600 percent faster then your CPU so what are these threads for? For years AMD has said 12 core 16 core gaming machine. While Intel has been honest and said 8 core and recently 10 core just to compete with Ryzen. I mean if Im a gamer I want a Intel and nVidia box.TLDR

Now AMD is trying to shake the earth however they are basing their speed based on 1080p gaming. Come on now. 1440p is the sweet spot and all hardcore gamers know it. So every generation we spend money on a 19+ IPC supposed across all applications? Also machine learning and VR and AI is better on Intel platform. Like movie studios have quad xeon box 26 core each, to render and work on their stuff. AMD is fulfilling to the consumer world but the pro world knows its Intel and nVidia video editing cards.

Something to think about, i agree 1440p is the sweet spot .. as do my two new 1440p 165hz 27in monitors.

TRENDING THREADS