Question 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD or 240GB Kingston A400 SSD as boot drive?

Feb 26, 2019
Hi,

I am just about to build my first pc and originally purchase a 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD to use as boot drive and everything else and was going to buy a 2tb hdd later.

I then see the 240GB Kingston A400 SSD for a good price so purchased this with the view to use this as my boot & program drive and then use the Crucial 500GB for games and everything else.

My question is, is this the best way to do it? Or would you set it up differently? Or does it really not matter?

Thanks in advance

Feb 26, 2019
That would work fine as long as you don't intend to keep a huge game library installed. The only reason I ended up with 2x500GB drives is keeping a lot of Oculus demos loaded. 740GB is a lot of storage.
Yeah I don’t intend to have a lot of game really. Might even purchase a large hdd or even another ssd in the future if I see one for the right price. Is there much difference between hdd and ssd when it comes to games?

Feb 26, 2019
That's up to you , the MX is by far the more reliable SSD , so it should have the OS on it. Try to keep your games on the other.
Ok so I have just bought another mx500 500gb as they were on offer on Amazon and will cancel the Kingston. So il have 2 x MX500 500gb which was actually cheaper than buying the 1tb and will use one as boot drive/programs and one for games.