[SOLVED] 500GB WD black SN750 vs Samsung 970 EVO Plus

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
For video editing powered by a i9-9900K, I have had great experience with both suppliers, although it was with mechanical drives with WD.

The new WD drive is slightly less expensive.....

Appreciate your thoughts....thanks.

Solution
I've been running a 500GB WD NVMe SSD in my desktop for a couple of months now, and it seems to be working fine. Last week I installed a 512GB WD SN520 PCIe 3.0 X 2 NVMe SSD in my laptop because the original Liteon SSD failed. This SSD also seems to be working fine. I think the Samsung SSD's are the best out there, and are probably worth paying a little more. I just like trying different stuff now and then and so far have no regrets with the WD SSD's.

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
I've been running a 500GB WD NVMe SSD in my desktop for a couple of months now, and it seems to be working fine. Last week I installed a 512GB WD SN520 PCIe 3.0 X 2 NVMe SSD in my laptop because the original Liteon SSD failed. This SSD also seems to be working fine. I think the Samsung SSD's are the best out there, and are probably worth paying a little more. I just like trying different stuff now and then and so far have no regrets with the WD SSD's.

Solution