500W power supply for a GTX 1060 6GB

Solution
Strangely enough, about an hour or so after my last reply here, my main computer crapped out on me. If I had to guess, my first suspicion would be my eight or nine year old Antec Earthwatts 430 power supply. I've been meaning to upgrade that system anyway.

Fortunately, the house didn't burn down.

-Wolf sends
Aug 18, 2018

What do you mean until it dies? You mean it will suddenly stop working and damage my GPU and CPU? And what kind of power supply should I get then?

Aug 18, 2018

I appreciate all opinions,so keep them coming because I'd rather keep this power supply because I am on a budget and the MSI gtx 1060 gaming x 6gb is a pretty good card. Please post more opinions if you have knowledge.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

You don't need to worry about that PSU. It is a good product. Seriously, the previous advice was simply misinformed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

There are certainly better products on the market, but this one is fine for the majority of users. It will not burn down the OP's house or take out the rest of his rig in a blaze, zap, or sizzle of glory.

It is good enough to not (needlessly) be replaced for no other reason.

Aug 18, 2018

So basically I can keep this PSU,but I will probably upgrade my PSU in a few months and ask you what PSU would be perfect. Thanks for your advice folks.

Aug 18, 2018

Thank you for your comment. Yes I will most certanily buy a new PSU,but just not now because it isn't urgent.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Good decision. Have fun!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Strangely enough, about an hour or so after my last reply here, my main computer crapped out on me. If I had to guess, my first suspicion would be my eight or nine year old Antec Earthwatts 430 power supply. I've been meaning to upgrade that system anyway.

Fortunately, the house didn't burn down.

-Wolf sends

Solution

That PSU isn't that bad really so it won't burn your house down. :D

You kept it longer than I would have however.