Nov 6, 2016
my setup :
R5 3600
gtx 1660 colorful 6g nb
Msi B450 tomahawk
2x8gb cosair vengeance lpx @3000
120gb kingston ssd
1tb wd blue

I was going for a cosair cx500 which everyone on the internet seems to agree over those option down below but unfortunately its not available locally and buying online seems a total rip off as the import fee and tax just is almost as the same price as the psu itself.

From where i live most psu brands are Thermaltake, coolermaster, Evga (just the 500w b), seasonic (not much of the brand here pretty much stuck with older models 2013's) and cosair ( here they sell the vs,hx,axi series ) the hx and axi are of 750w+

From what i read on the internet most of those brands have terrible psu @500w ish and around the 80usd price point.
Asking you guys which have a better experience on the topic to help me find the right psu for mah system.
Thank you.

I was going for a cosair cx500 which everyone on the internet seems to agree over those option down below but unfortunately its not available locally and buying online seems a total rip off as the import fee and tax just is almost as the same price as the psu itself.

From where i live most psu brands are Thermaltake, coolermaster, Evga (just the 500w b), seasonic (not much of the brand here pretty much stuck with older models 2013's) and cosair ( here they sell the vs,hx,axi series ) the hx and axi are of 750w+

You have been given questionable advice. The Corsair HX and AXi models along with Seasonics 2013 offerings are still quite strong and much better than the cx500.

Last edited:

sky_lar

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
You have been given questionable advice. The Corsair HX and AXi models along with Seasonics 2013 offerings are still quite strong and much better than the cx500.
I know the hx and axi models are really good psu but they are mostly 750w+ which i will do just fine with a 500w psu and they are expensive
but they selling only 2 models - SEASONIC S12II 620W and - SEASONIC M12II 620W MODULAR

Its really hard to get pc parts from where i live most of the hardware are either outdated or just expensive asf ...

I know the hx and axi models are really good psu but they are mostly 750w+ which i will do just fine with a 500w psu and they are expensive
but they selling only 2 models - SEASONIC S12II 620W and - SEASONIC M12II 620W MODULAR

Its really hard to get pc parts from where i live most of the hardware are either outdated or just expensive asf ...

Go with the M12II 620. It's an older design but it's still a solid performer with legendary build quality and reliability. If pricing for better units is prohibitively expensive, then it's an option that you can trust. I still use them frequently.

Reactions: beyondlogic