5200 ultra and Battle Field Veitnam

eddie

anyone having any monitor problems? I get a "frequency out of range try
other resolution error?

"Eddie" <jrny13@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> anyone having any monitor problems? I get a "frequency out of range try
> other resolution error?

When do you see "Frequency out of range" error from your monitor? Booting /
During Booting / in Battle Field Vietnam / Windows about to login?

CapFusion,...

Eddie wrote:
> anyone having any monitor problems? I get a "frequency out of range
> try other resolution error?

have you got Doublescan enabled in the nVIDIA display properties?

I had a simelar problem to this with another game, in lower resolutions, say
menus, it uses doublescan to make it look better. Only problem is then
sometimes it takes it out of your monitors range.

Try turning off doublescan and try again. Hope that helps.

Matt
--
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com

"GLYTCH (A.K.A. PYRO-Maniak)" <GLYTCH_2k4@msn.com> wrote in message
> Eddie wrote:
> > anyone having any monitor problems? I get a "frequency out of range
> > try other resolution error?
>
> have you got Doublescan enabled in the nVIDIA display properties?
>
> I had a simelar problem to this with another game, in lower resolutions,
say
> menus, it uses doublescan to make it look better. Only problem is then
> sometimes it takes it out of your monitors range.
>
> Try turning off doublescan and try again. Hope that helps.

Doublescan feature in Nvidia Display Properties? I am not sure if Nvidia
Display Properties have this feature available. If there is one, I guess I
have missed or simply can not find it. Are you talking about this doublescan
in Battle Field Vietnam [maybe]?

CapFusion,...

"Eddie" <jrny13@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> anyone having any monitor problems? I get a "frequency out of range try
> other resolution error?

Make sure you are not using defualt plug and play monitor or something like
that. YOu need to make sure that windows is configured to know you have
moniter "X". Its trying to set too high a refresh rate at that specific
resolution for your monitor, your monitor cant handle it.

CapFusion wrote:
> Doublescan feature in Nvidia Display Properties? I am not sure if
> Nvidia Display Properties have this feature available. If there is
> one, I guess I have missed or simply can not find it. Are you talking
> about this doublescan in Battle Field Vietnam [maybe]?
>
> CapFusion,...

Under Display Timing theres a check box at the bottom that says Enable
Doublescan for lower Resolution Modes.

Matt
--
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/GLYTCH_2K4
MSN: GLYTCH_2K4(at)msn.com
Xbox Live: (Coming September)

eddie

well I reinstalled dx9 and NVIDIA drivers and clicked here and there and now
it works fine. what I did find out was that it was trying to use the monitor
that had the lower res. set to it. I forced it too see the good one by not
having the second one connected( running dual monitors)and alls well. thanks
for the help....great game