530 dell desktop

glen40

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
i have a dell which has a foxconn g33m02 motherboard and i have a 550 watt powersupply and i need to upgrade graphics card not sure what to get

Solution
Basically your VRam on your GPU is just for the GPU to use it doesn't interact with your actual mobo. It's really just to provide resources for the GPU so it's on a whole separate system and will not cause any problems no matter if you are running ddr 2,3, or 4 it makes no difference to the GPU. As long as you have a pic-e slot on the mobo for your GPU to plug into and if required the power supply connectors for the GPU from the psu your golden. Not all gpus require an additional connection to the psu alot of the lower power drawing cards just require the power provided by the pci slot. You should be good with the 1050 I believe it just requires the pic slot for power no six pin or eight pin connectors from the psu I mean they are only...

glen40

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
System Model Inspiron 530
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

glen40

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
yes thats it but dont have that case i switched out the case i would send a pic but doesnt say where to upload one all my parts are in a bigger case so need something thats not low profile if that helps 2 gb graphics card is all i need

Kunra Zether

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
Basically your VRam on your GPU is just for the GPU to use it doesn't interact with your actual mobo. It's really just to provide resources for the GPU so it's on a whole separate system and will not cause any problems no matter if you are running ddr 2,3, or 4 it makes no difference to the GPU. As long as you have a pic-e slot on the mobo for your GPU to plug into and if required the power supply connectors for the GPU from the psu your golden. Not all gpus require an additional connection to the psu alot of the lower power drawing cards just require the power provided by the pci slot. You should be good with the 1050 I believe it just requires the pic slot for power no six pin or eight pin connectors from the psu I mean they are only a 75 watt GPU so your psu should be more then enough. I would say measure the space for your card then cross reference the cards measurements with the space available in the case and pick the one you like the best they all perform about the same so it's more of which brand you like the most or which looks nice to you. I would suggest pny as a good one to go with if your in the US of A because they provide a lifetime warranty if I'm not mistaken everyone else is 2 to 3 years which is still good.

Solution