550 watt 3bon power supply enough for xfx 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
In my estimation the 3BON ATX550W DUO V2.2 power supply unit should have a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 34 Amps or more. It also has two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system with a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card the power supply's +12 Volt continuous current rating should be 24 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

You will have more than sufficient system power with your existing PSU so there's no need to buy a new one.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Are you able to buy from quality brands? Antec, Corsair, and obviously Seasonic are some of the better known reliable brands. If you can't, you will still be fine as the 6850 doesn't draw a lot of power. You will be fine.

In my estimation the 3BON ATX550W DUO V2.2 power supply unit should have a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 34 Amps or more. It also has two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system with a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card the power supply's +12 Volt continuous current rating should be 24 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

You will have more than sufficient system power with your existing PSU so there's no need to buy a new one.

Solution

See those Yihcon capacitors ?
They're found in the worst of the worst, doubt it could get anywhere near 40a.

ezoecisoc

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Is there any utility to test the efficiency or power transmition of PSU?
btw i m currently using 6850 on the above mentioned PSU i thing it is running fine but i don't want any type of system malfunciton, I have cooler master extreme power plus 500 watt in spare.
please decide b/w the these two, CM 600 watt real power plus can be considered but on that least priorty bcoz i m really low on budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS