[SOLVED] 550w 80+ bronze enough for my build?

Oct 14, 2020
Hey there, I am going for a build with the following specs:

*Ryzen 5 3600
*Deepcool Gammaxx GT cpu cooler
*16GB 3200 bus Corsair RGB pro ram(8x2)
*B450 Tomahawk/Mortar Max/Gaming Plus Max
*1 TB HDD + 500GB HDD (Will take a SSD after a few days)
*RTX 2060 Super
*Deepcool Mattrexx 55 mesh add 4f case

The country I am from is suffering from shortage of PSUs for months now thanks to Covid so I can't really find a decent 650 watt PSU except Antec VP.
I don't wanna wait any longer, should I just grab a decent 550w psu instead? Will it be enough? I won't OC.

Solution
550W is more than enough for your current system, which needs max 400W on full load. My advice: get a quality 550W PSU, instead of "unknown" 650W.
Hey there, I am going for a build with the following specs:

*Ryzen 5 3600
*Deepcool Gammaxx GT cpu cooler
*16GB 3200 bus Corsair RGB pro ram(8x2)
*B450 Tomahawk/Mortar Max/Gaming Plus Max
*1 TB HDD + 500GB HDD (Will take a SSD after a few days)
*RTX 2060 Super
*Deepcool Mattrexx 55 mesh add 4f case

The country I am from is suffering from shortage of PSUs for months now thanks to Covid so I can't really find a decent 650 watt PSU except Antec VP.
I don't wanna wait any longer, should I just grab a decent 550w psu instead? Will it be enough? I won't OC.
Are you buying from an online store? Can you link it?

Oct 14, 2020
Nope. I live in South East Asia and here shipping costs are insane! E.g if I am buying 900USD worth components it would cost me more than 1000USD to actually buy them here. I will give you a link for a shop that is quite famous here. A gold rated PSU won't fit my budget. But still have a look at the stock.

https://www.techlandbd.com/pc-components/desktop-power-supply
This one but it's out of stock right now:
https://www.techlandbd.com/pc-compo.../corsair-cx550m-semi-modular-atx-power-supply

What's the most you can spend?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020
This one but it's out of stock right now:
https://www.techlandbd.com/pc-compo.../corsair-cx550m-semi-modular-atx-power-supply

What's the most you can spend?

And it has been confirmed that Corsair CX isn't coming to our country anymore. At least not until Covid passes. I had decided to buy a Corsair CV 650 or a Gigabyte P650B but none of them are in stock for a while now. Literally clueless. What's the best I could go? Gigabyte P550B or Cooler Master MWE ?Antec Neo Eco is way too overpriced rn or would have chosen that :(

And it has been confirmed that Corsair CX isn't coming to our country anymore. At least not until Covid passes. I had decided to buy a Corsair CV 650 or a Gigabyte P650B but none of them are in stock for a while now. Literally clueless. What's the best I could go? Gigabyte P550B or Cooler Master MWE ?Antec Neo Eco is way too overpriced rn or would have chosen that :(
Wow. Out-of-stock on most models. Looks like the Antec is all that's left. I don't know if the Gigabyte is any better.

Reactions: EdgarBoi
Oct 14, 2020
Wow. Out-of-stock on most models. Looks like the Antec is all that's left. I don't know if the Gigabyte is any better.

Yeah, it's hard living in a third world country. :( Guess I am out of luck. Maybe I will wait for the Corsair CV series to arrive or just go with the Gigabyte one for now and upgrade next year to a gold psu when the market is stable again. Thanks for listening to me man!

Oct 14, 2020
Now that I know your situation better (prices, availability), I would decide for:
https://www.techlandbd.com/pc-compo...ec-power-supply/antec-vp550-plus-power-supply
Antec is known brand and even it's VP series is budget oriented, I'm sure it will do the job for you.

Hey thanks for reading out all of the comments and helping me out. I will try to contact most of the popular shops here asking about the next Corsair Psu shipments.I have already waited 2 months so if it isn't coming soon, I will go with Antec VP for now. Will upgrade as soon as market becomes stable. Thanks a lot again !