Question 5600 XT Wildlands game

shanyin37

Honorable
May 23, 2017
My 5600 gets around 30-45 FPS in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Settings are turned to custom but mostly low ambient occlusion and anti aliasing off.

Specs:

Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT
Ryzen 5 2600 X
16 GB G.skill Ripjaws
1TB SSD QVO
2 HDD's
EVGA BR 600 Watt Power Supply

Some games it gets a decent frame rate, other not. Could it be my power supply?

My 5600 gets around 30-45 FPS in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Settings are turned to custom but mostly low ambient occlusion and anti aliasing off.

Specs:

Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT
Ryzen 5 2600 X
16 GB G.skill Ripjaws
1TB SSD QVO
2 HDD's
EVGA BR 600 Watt Power Supply

Some games it gets a decent frame rate, other not. Could it be my power supply?
Firstly, a PSU will not drop frames and your PSU is fine in this build. Your CPU is also a great CPU so I wouldn't worry about that. It all depends on your monitor. Are you playing at 1080p, 4k, 1440p? You might not even know it but resolutions drop FPS substantially. Whats your resolution?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Wildlands and in particular Breakpoint seem to have a lot of issues as far as optimization, IMO.

I LOVE TC's games and where Wildlands has always been pretty resource heavy, they did an update a while back that pretty much broke the game for me. I am using a 2700x and a 1080, play at 1080/60, and that last update causes hitching, frame drops, all manner of mess to go on. Breakpoint (aside from just being a terrible implementation for the franchise) has given me similar issue.
Division 2, and I don't know the differences (if any) in the game engine seems to run FAR better for me.