Question 5600x , 212 Black Edition , 26% Usage , 73°

Sep 2, 2022
Something is definitely wrong but i don't know what!

• Just upgraded my GPU/CPU/MB -
- Old : Apu ( RX Vega 11 ) / 3400G / B450M S2H
- New : RTX 3060Ti / 5600x / B450 TUF PRO S

• Befor installing 212 Black Edition, Temp was almost the same as after installing the cooler

• Currently , On 212 Black Edition :
Am playing league of legends with cpu usage of 26% and CPU temp is at 73°.

• PC Setup :
  • 1 Back Case Fan Extracting Air Out of the case.
  • 212 Black Edition's fan also Out but directed to the front of thr case.

FYI : I've tried removing case glass, No Change.

Different mobos have different settings, and the new bios might just have a looser fan curve because your CPU is ok for up to 90 degrees so there is no point in having an always noisy system, it might start ramping up the fans at 70.
Anyway you would have to show all bios settings for people to come up with an conclusive answer.

Sep 2, 2022
Different mobos have different settings, and the new bios might just have a looser fan curve because your CPU is ok for up to 90 degrees so there is no point in having an always noisy system, it might start ramping up the fans at 70.
Anyway you would have to show all bios settings for people to come up with an conclusive answer.
which part to post? my cpu is 60 degree on Bios

Sep 2, 2022
Use HWiNFO and look at the other temperatures. Either way, this sounds like 1-2 cores are getting hit with stuff to do, so they'll boost the hardest and have the highest temperature

Also I'm curious how you applied the paste since the 5600X has an untraditional die layout that make certain paste applications less optimal.
idk what you mean, there was a default paste and then there was another one tyat came with the cooler ( cooler master thermal paste ) I've add on top of it when i installed the cooler master 212 https://ibb.co/1Zdq4qm

Last edited:
Yeah you've definitely got something going on. I installed my 5600x with Artic Silver mx4 I think, using a Wraith Prism cooler. I think my cpu is usually running in the 50's. Take the cooler off, make sure you didn't leave the plastic on the bottom of the 212's heatsink. Take a soft rag and gently clean off the paste from the top of the cpu, and the bottom of the 212, use some good paste like arctic siliver mx4, arctic silver 5, etc, the stuff that came with the 212 should do as well, put about a rice sized drop into the middle of the center of the cpu, use a finger to spread it out, and mount the cooler.

Also, on the fans, I usually like to have my front fans as intake, so with a 212, I'd put the fan/fans pushing to the rear where you usually have an exhaust fan in the back.

idk what you mean, there was a default paste and then there was another one tyat came with the cooler ( cooler master thermal paste ) I've add on top of it when i installed the cooler master 212 https://ibb.co/1Zdq4qm
If you mean to say you added thermal paste on top of an already applied paste, you're not supposed to do that. If you did this and have to reapply the paste, keep in mind the Ryzen 5600X die layout is this:
vXreemyst6qEkz9R9FfWvnCcFovvYjaJ8nh4Rd4kO78.png