[SOLVED] 5600x + H100i = 53C at idle.. Is this normal?!

McDohl

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
This seems high to me since it is being water cooled. If it is high then what are some things that may cause this? I'm also using Thermal Grizzly thermal paste.

Solution
How are you measuring temperature? Use HWInfo64 and look at the CPU Die (average) temp. The temps that spike around can be a bit misleading as the spike is from when the CPU boosts to a high clock from idle so it's not the real temperature.

But that said, Ryzen 5000 does run a bit hotter and 58C isn't all that hot yet. I'd be more worried what's happening under stress: run CB23 and look at the temperature then. It will run for about 10 minutes so you'll get a good idea what it's like under real-world AVX-heavy workload. It's not unexpected for a 5600X to get up to 90-95C in such a load but I'd expect a 240mm AIO to keep that in check.
How are you measuring temperature? Use HWInfo64 and look at the CPU Die (average) temp. The temps that spike around can be a bit misleading as the spike is from when the CPU boosts to a high clock from idle so it's not the real temperature.

But that said, Ryzen 5000 does run a bit hotter and 58C isn't all that hot yet. I'd be more worried what's happening under stress: run CB23 and look at the temperature then. It will run for about 10 minutes so you'll get a good idea what it's like under real-world AVX-heavy workload. It's not unexpected for a 5600X to get up to 90-95C in such a load but I'd expect a 240mm AIO to keep that in check.

Last edited:
Solution