Question 5600x idle on 50c-60c, sometimes randomlly goes to 75c

Oct 23, 2021
I have 5600x AMD
For some reason when im not using my pc its always on 55c and if i leave my chrome open iat nights t goes to 60c
I dont know why it just rises up to 75c randomlly(sometimes only to 65), making my fans go 100% and then goes back down to 57c~
I really dont know what to do, when im playing i sometimes reach 90c..

What should I do?
aorus x570 elite
hyper212 as my cooler
gpu rtx 3080

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The 90C thing isn't normal, and brings into question:
-uneven cooler/backplate mount
-backwards fan placement; fans blowing against each other, thus air doesn't really move anywhere
-poor airflow
-a combination of the above

That said, some specs are still missing - since this is cooling related:
-chassis make and model
-fan setup
-the exact 3080 model

Oct 23, 2021
The 90C thing isn't normal, and brings into question:
-uneven cooler/backplate mount
-backwards fan placement; fans blowing against each other, thus air doesn't really move anywhere
-poor airflow
-a combination of the above

That said, some specs are still missing - since this is cooling related:
-chassis make and model
-fan setup
-the exact 3080 model

Sry for the late reply!
geforce 3080 rtx nvidia
corsair 4000d airflow tg case
im not sure about the fan setup, i have 2 fans at the middle, pretty sure they are the cpu fans, 1 in back 1 in front
I can add 2 more in front i guess, but will that help?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2 fans at the middle? The Hyper 212 only comes with 1 though... unless it's the dual fan Turbo version?

I can add 2 more in front i guess, but will that help?
You can, but for the 5600X to hit 90C like that, it sounds like the cooler isn't mounted correctly - like, you secured one screw for the mounting bracket all the way in first, then did the others.
Or, you've got fans blowing against one another. For reference:
iu

Oct 23, 2021
2 fans at the middle? The Hyper 212 only comes with 1 though... unless it's the dual fan Turbo version?

You can, but for the 5600X to hit 90C like that, it sounds like the cooler isn't mounted correctly - like, you secured one screw for the mounting bracket all the way in first, then did the others.
Or, you've got fans blowing against one another. For reference:
iu

Should I maybe turn off my pc and take a picture / video of it inside?

Oct 23, 2021
That would help, minus the possibility of having to remount your cooler.
Take the side panel off - to avoid reflections - and use imgur.com to post the image(s).
View: https://imgur.com/a/m7lXGmG

Hope its fine, 4 different pictures for my 3 fans (cpu one has 2 sides)
the fan at the back is at the top of the pc (in front of the cpu fan)
the fan at the front is at the middle, so its not in front/against of the cpu fan.

Is that okay?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that must be the Hyper 212 Turbo Editon. That cooler should be handling the 5600X better than this.
Either:
-the cooler needs to be remounted
-there's not enough air moving in and out of the PC
-paste application. The primary heat sources on the 5600X are offset away from the center, so if you did a center dot application, you may not have achieved a good spread. 4 or 5 dot may be more effective.

Oct 23, 2021
Yeah, that must be the Hyper 212 Turbo Editon. That cooler should be handling the 5600X better than this.
Either:
-the cooler needs to be remounted
-there's not enough air moving in and out of the PC
-paste application. The primary heat sources on the 5600X are offset away from the center, so if you did a center dot application, you may not have achieved a good spread. 4 or 5 dot may be more effective.

Which cooler ? the hyper212? what do you mean by remounted?mount it somewhere else?
Air that moving in and out of the pc? it means that outside the PC i need to have more place for air to flow?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oct 23, 2021