[SOLVED] 5600X with Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X-570 Plus

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I am putting together a new build soon, here are the specs of what I'm putting together.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
RTX 3080 or 3070
Kraken X63 280mm cooler
Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570 plus mobo
32GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3200
EVGA G5 850w Gold PSU
Nzxt h500 case
970 PLUS 1 TB
860 evo 500gb
Seagate 2 tb HDD

I have done some research on the new 5000 series and compatibility with the motherboards on the market and ive read that this Asus x570 is compatible with the 5600x but may need a bios update if it doesn't come with it already out the box. I've also read that if the mobo doesn't come with it you'll more than likely need an older gen CPU in the mobo to be able to update because there's no flashback or something. I dont completely understand it so thats why I'm here lol.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the right motherboard. If anyone has any recommendations of a better one for my build, I'm willing to spend a little more money to get the right part. Thanks.

Solution
The board will support it but you will need to perform a BIOS update.

The thing is the processor in question came out a long time after the board came into the market which is why the BIOS update is necessary. If you're looking at the board at the shop(physically) then you might want to talk to the retailer and get that ironed out.

If you're buying the parts online, you could also look at updating the BIOS using the Crash Free BIOS function, page 3-22, in the above listed motherboard manual.

Lutfij

Titan

The thing is the processor in question came out a long time after the board came into the market which is why the BIOS update is necessary. If you're looking at the board at the shop(physically) then you might want to talk to the retailer and get that ironed out.

If you're buying the parts online, you could also look at updating the BIOS using the Crash Free BIOS function, page 3-22, in the above listed motherboard manual.

Solution

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019

So if I'm understanding this correctly, I could download the Bios I need for 5000 series compatibility onto a USB flash drive and that will let me update the bios on the motherboard?

bamainark

Distinguished
May 6, 2012
I'm looking at this right now. I have this board and running a 5600X. However initially I was running a 3600 so had a newer bios when I finally installed it about a month ago. According to Asus that board had a bios update back in Aug of 2020 that updated support for the Ryzen 5000. Honestly I cannot determine if Crash Free Bios function will get you the same results as Flash Back mode. Typically boards with the Flash Back function has a specific port/button on the motherboard backplane. This allows the board to function enough, even without ram or cpu, to update the bios. I do not think the TUF X-570 Gaming Wifi can do that. However it still might function enough even with a newer cpu to update the bios. ???????

And to add info to my post...I purchased my board either in Nov or Dec 2020. Bought it off the shelf at Best Buy. Mine came with the "Ryzen 5000 Ready" sticker on the box. So I would assume if you buy a new one today it will be able to support a Ryzen 5000 cpu out of the box.

Last edited: