[SOLVED] 5600x wraith cooler vs AIO

FergyBoi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2020
Hello. I will be buying a 5600x for my brother's computer build later this summer, and I wondered if I should keep the Wraith Stealth Cooler or get an AIO. My budget is slim, so $90 Budget for the AIO. Thank you

Solution
Hello. I will be buying a 5600x for my brother's computer build later this summer, and I wondered if I should keep the Wraith Stealth Cooler or get an AIO. My budget is slim, so $90 Budget for the AIO. Thank you

Can't say much about AIOs --they're not really my thing. From what I've seen, NZXT is crippled by software, Corsair is good in hardware but iCue can be better.

Any considerations for air coolers? You can get Deepcool AS500 or Assassin III for that kind of money. Assassin III is a chart topper --just a smidge better than NH-D15, AS500 is quite close to NH-D15 despite being a single tower cooler. Assassin III sells for about $80 around here, and AS500 is $55 or so.

Also, NH-D15 or NH-U12A. The latter is a much more...
If you are hell bent for an AiO cooler,

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

Can't say much about AIOs --they're not really my thing. From what I've seen, NZXT is crippled by software, Corsair is good in hardware but iCue can be better.

Any considerations for air coolers? You can get Deepcool AS500 or Assassin III for that kind of money. Assassin III is a chart topper --just a smidge better than NH-D15, AS500 is quite close to NH-D15 despite being a single tower cooler. Assassin III sells for about $80 around here, and AS500 is $55 or so.

Also, NH-D15 or NH-U12A. The latter is a much more sensible option IMO with less footprint but same performance. Shame it doesn't come in black (yet). D15 is about 80 bucks as well, and that's about as expensive you should go for air coolers.

Scythe's coolers are also quite good in RAM compatibility and pricing (except Ninja 5 --Fuma 2 and Mugen 5 is great). My only gripe is their fans often are lacking for their coolers.

Rule of thumb, NH-D15 (top air cooler) is about same performance as good 240mm AIOs especially on higher wattage chips. 120mm ones are worse at high loads relative to good 120mm single tower coolers (think H212 Evo and better within the form factor), except H80i and its equivalents. H80i is nearly as good as its 240mm brother H100i.

Also, I always recommend getting rid of Wraith Stealth if there's budget for it. Wraith Prism is bare minimum, and that's about equivalent of 92mm tower coolers in performance.

Solution