Question 5600xt install issue (black screen)

Jun 6, 2020
So, I just bought some new parts, intending to do a decent upgrade of my system. New mobo/cpu/gbu and an additional ssd. However, first I wanted to get the new ssd and gpu setup in my current system, and then was gonna have someone else do the mobo/cpu, as I didn't wanna mess with that.

I uninstalled my old rx560. Installed the 5600xt, had some issues with screen being black or not loading into windows. So, booted into safe mode and ran DDU. Restarted and tried to install the correct drivers, but once the installation is finished, or close to it, the screen goes black and never comes back on. Left it for a few minutes, too. I've got a ryzen 2200g and a320m mobo.

Previously, I was running my 2nd monitor on the apu, so i turned that off and unplugged the second monitor till I could get this fixed. It was a bit of a hassle making that work (just got the 2nd monitor a week ago). Now, I'm starting to think I've still got some kind of BIOS setting messing with the new card drivers? I'm getting frustrated, honestly.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020
also, saw somewhere (believe in AMD's driver notes), freesync can cause black screen issues sometimes, so I disabled that on the monitor. No change.

If I boot into safe mode, it sees the card just fine, so it's gotta be some kind of driver issue, right? If booting into normal mode, the circle on the ASrock loading screen freezes almost immediately. If it's a driver issue, I don't know what to do if AMD's stable driver is causing the problem. I suppose I could try the newer, beta one. I thought I did, but maybe I just did the stable one multiple times.

TRENDING THREADS