[SOLVED] 5600XT trouble?

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
My brother is looking at building a new PC and he was looking at AMD 5600 XT and i have heard that ther has been a lot of driver issues with that series. Have they fixed it or is ther still some isuess?
Is the 5700xt better with the drivers?
He has a wife,2 children,house and a job and values stability on the pc a lot

Solution
My brother is looking at building a new PC and he was looking at AMD 5600 XT and i have heard that ther has been a lot of driver issues with that series. Have they fixed it or is ther still some isuess?
The rx 5600 xt and 5700 xt do have drivers issue. So far, what i hear is about the latest driver 20.7.2 that has the issues. The older drivers which are 20.4.2 or 20.5.1 are fine. If you do not want to deal with drivers, you're better off getting the rtx 2060 or 2070 for your brother. Performance wise, they're equal. In my country, rx 5600 xt and 5700 xt has the better value. If your brother is a bit of a tech...

poorbugger

Distinguished
The rx 5600 xt and 5700 xt do have drivers issue. So far, what i hear is about the latest driver 20.7.2 that has the issues. The older drivers which are 20.4.2 or 20.5.1 are fine. If you do not want to deal with drivers, you're better off getting the rtx 2060 or 2070 for your brother. Performance wise, they're equal. In my country, rx 5600 xt and 5700 xt has the better value. If your brother is a bit of a tech enthusiast like myself, the amd gpus are great for the value.

Solution

Tom_nerd

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
he was looking at AMD 5600 XT
firstly. I would not go with AMD instead go with something like the RTX 2060 super or the RTX 2070/super. the price to performance of the Nvidia cards is just leaps and bounds ahead of the AMD cards. while you also get the extra feature set of Nvidia cards like: Turing Nvenc encoder engine for better streaming quality, tensor cores for AI stuff!, and RTX for Minecraft :). although the state of AMDs drivers are not too bad but generally with the 5600XT you wont have any issues. the 5700XT might actually have worse drivers than the 5600XT because the 5600XT has had much more sales so to AMD it is much more important to do driver updates.