New PC Guy 28

Prominent
Jun 3, 2020
Hi was wanting some comparison of these two cards as I am putting together a build. I don't really care about raytracing as the only game I would play with it would be minecraft. I found a 5600XT for 519 aud but the nearest 2060 is 600 aud. WOuld like a recommendation on raw performance. I will be pairing it with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb of 3200mhz ram on a b450 motherboard. I will be putting this system together in december so prices may change.

Solution
If you are building in December then I think there is a good chance you will have some new GPU options to look at (new GPU's are due out soon ~ September time based on latest leaks).

In terms of 5600XT vs 2060 - there are a few versions of the 5600XT, the very first ones came with 12gbps memory which was bumped up to 14gbps due to nVidia dropping price on the 2060. It's worth checking the specs of the one you are looking at as the 12gbps memory version is slower than a 2060, whilst the 14gbps is a bit faster (at that price not necessarily an issue if it's a little slower as it costs less but just worth being aware of).
If you are building in December then I think there is a good chance you will have some new GPU options to look at (new GPU's are due out soon ~ September time based on latest leaks).

In terms of 5600XT vs 2060 - there are a few versions of the 5600XT, the very first ones came with 12gbps memory which was bumped up to 14gbps due to nVidia dropping price on the 2060. It's worth checking the specs of the one you are looking at as the 12gbps memory version is slower than a 2060, whilst the 14gbps is a bit faster (at that price not necessarily an issue if it's a little slower as it costs less but just worth being aware of).

Solution
By December there will be a lot of new products out. Any advice given now will be out of date, it’s best to ask just before you want to buy.

The 2 cards trade blows depending on the game. However with so many people reporting driver problems I wouldn’t buy the 5600XT, bad driver support can kill the gaming experience.