57 New Intel CPUs, Mobile Core i9 Break Cover In AIDA64 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017
"Most notably, it seems the mobile segment is about to receive its first Core i9 CPU, the -8950HK. We can only speculate what this new CPU will bring to the table in terms of core count and clock speeds, but it seems to indicate that Intel plans to offer six-core (or possibly eight-core) mobile processors for the high-end mobile market."

Eh, Probably a 2c/4t cpu

/s

I would be surprising if it is a 6 core or a 8 core, Probably though a 4c/8t CPU with a 300 MHz Boost, Knowing it is intel

plissandro

Honorable
Nov 27, 2017
@LPERREAULT21 you seem to not know that the new i5-U and i7-U are already quad cores with multithread. The HK variants will be most likely hexa cores, so the i9-8950HK will probably have six or eight cores

MichaelElfial

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Man, I just saw the other day I5 branded CPU with 4c/8t with U suffix on a non-gaming laptop. I'd say - it is guaranteed that we will see 6 core mobiles, the question is how far further will Intel go in terms of cores, frequency, periphery support etc. After seeing ASUS put 8 core desktop Rysen in a laptop, this i9 doesn't surprise me at all Intels can match at gaming (and most usages, but not all) AMD with 6 cores against 8, but will it be enough to "match" them with possibly better power/productivity coefficient or they will go for a kill? It is not just cores and single core performance, it is much more complicated story, but in popular usage scenarious this measure caught people's eye and will drive the market success of this CPU generation (laptops are not something you upgrade back and forth until happy - what you decide before buying stays with you for all the good and bad, so the cores will determine a lot on this marked during the next year).

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017

I know that. I still find it hard to believe that though,

Status
Not open for further replies.