[SOLVED] 570 4gb HIS for 84$ or Nitro Sapphiro for 87$?

DexterQ

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019
Both are used and the shop offers 2 months of warranty. I was wondering which of the two are the better ones here as I am about to buy one of them in the coming weeks.

I would also like to know if there are any good GPU stress tests that can help detect problems like overheating and other stuff. I would like to know what else to look out for when buying used since this is my first time buying used hardware.

EDIT: Also, from what I saw from the questions from other users on the shop from said item. They benchmark it on Unigine on Ultra and offers to replace the thermal paste of the GPU.

Last edited:
Solution
If they have a 2 month warranty, I would just do it yourself. It's all free software, and then you have the piece of mind that you know it's fine - not just that you're being told it is.

As far as temperatures, it's tough to say as there are so many variables (case, airflow, workloads etc).
Generally speaking though, with a stock fan curve, I'd expect an RX570 to be maxing out in the 70-80'C range under 100% sustained load (like Superposition). Ideally lower, and cards will vary in their stock fan curve profile - or you can make your own.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Unigine Heaven & Superposition would allow you to test it out and monitor temperatures.
Superposition is more taxing, and should generate artifacts if there's anything wrong with the card.

The Nitro is probably a little better, but, for the most part, a 570 is a 570.

DexterQ

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019
Unigine Heaven & Superposition would allow you to test it out and monitor temperatures.
Superposition is more taxing, and should generate artifacts if there's anything wrong with the card.

The Nitro is probably a little better, but, for the most part, a 570 is a 570.
I'll ask if they can test it on Superposition then. What are the usual temps we should be looking at? Provided they actually replace the thermal on the GPU.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If they have a 2 month warranty, I would just do it yourself. It's all free software, and then you have the piece of mind that you know it's fine - not just that you're being told it is.

As far as temperatures, it's tough to say as there are so many variables (case, airflow, workloads etc).
Generally speaking though, with a stock fan curve, I'd expect an RX570 to be maxing out in the 70-80'C range under 100% sustained load (like Superposition). Ideally lower, and cards will vary in their stock fan curve profile - or you can make your own.

Solution

DexterQ

Commendable
Sep 10, 2019

I'll try an undervolt then when I get my hands on the GPU. You got any good settings or a video for reference?