[SOLVED] 5700 nitro + special edition

Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys was planning on getting the radeon 5700 nitro + but recently seen the special edition pop out of nowhere, I'm definitely getting this one i just cant get it for atleast another 2 weeks, does anyone know how limited these are or isit anyones guess, if so then I guess I'm out of luck!

Solution
They are not "that limited". Special edition doesn't REALLY mean "special edition", as in a seriously limited production run. It just means it has some features or a binned GPU or better cooling or something that differentiates it from other models, and a taller price tag. That doesn't mean they'll be available but there are no guarantees of ANY cards being available at any particular time so it's always wise to LOOK for hardware WHEN you can pull the trigger on it. Honestly, the difference between the nitro+ and the special edition may not be all that dramatic so either card is likely to give you good performance. The Sapphire cards are pretty good.
They are not "that limited". Special edition doesn't REALLY mean "special edition", as in a seriously limited production run. It just means it has some features or a binned GPU or better cooling or something that differentiates it from other models, and a taller price tag. That doesn't mean they'll be available but there are no guarantees of ANY cards being available at any particular time so it's always wise to LOOK for hardware WHEN you can pull the trigger on it. Honestly, the difference between the nitro+ and the special edition may not be all that dramatic so either card is likely to give you good performance. The Sapphire cards are pretty good.

Reactions: Epiczwolf
Solution
Nov 19, 2019
Darkbreeze thanks for such a fast response, that's good to know then it's only because I read that it was limited sku whatever that means, I know its probably not that different but for a extra £30-40 quid I wouldnt mind the extras and especially the rgb lighting, another thing while you are on my thread, I'm looking on buying the ryzen 5 3600 x cpu, I think that's the best option for the price for higher end gaming, is there any motherboard that isn't overly expensive that will come ready straight out the box or is there always some setting up to do.