Question 5700 vs 2060 Super Local pricing a factor

daonest

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
Im wondering if I should even upgrade now or just wait to see the new cards and possibly these models come down in pricing.

But for whats available now (keeping in mind im still on an RX 480 but lately have noticed stuttering in all my games, I just cant seem to fix it.. It's just a really bad experiencing in my racing/driving games where there is this type of stuttering.

So Locally I am looking at :
GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 8G - 8GB GDDR6 - Priced at $411 (currency converted)
or
ASUS DUAL RX5700 O8G EVO - 8GB GDDR6 - Priced at $380 when converted from local currency

So just about $30 difference, with that in the long term $30 wont matter much looking at the better card, not so much as performance but reliability and quietness. A note i am on triple screens currently but look to upgrade main monitor sometime in the future to a 144mhz monitor also my new PSU will be down to 750w if it matters.

daonest

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
I decided to hold off on the upgrade...

First I found out i cant get full usage out of these cards on my old motherboard (MSI gaming 970) so that and the CPU would be a bottleneck... I started looking at upgrade options (my main concern now is stuttering in games recently). I figured to go with MSI B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 5 3500 which is a good upgrade over MSI gaming 970 and FX 8320..

But then yesterday I tried something new I run eyefinity mostly for work but my left side monitor is the only one with AMD freesync, I decided opening a game on that monitor to see if i still got stuttering and low and behold it was so much smoother with freesync turned on... So i decided to upgrade my monitor first as I had planned to do that anyway down the road ended up getting ASUS VG249Q after viewing all the close related options in my area seems this one got the most praise for that price.

Probably next month or so will start purchasing parts the motherboard, cpu, memory.. then lastly upgrade the graphics card. Most components in my system now are a bit dated, havent really upgrade in probably 3-4 years now.