Oct 12, 2019
Hello all,
I purchased an xfx 5700 xt raw 2 a month and a half ago. Since the first second I installed it I havent been able to play a single game. It soft reboots my pc back to windows log in on any game launch or starting epic store. I've been sent 2 different cards from xfx and still same problem. I've tried damn near everything I've found online and on here about black screens but nothing works. Tried every driver back to 9.3.3 and not a single one makes a difference. I've ran unigine
For 2 hours on maxed 1440p settings and ran perfectly fine averaged 64.5fps. Just bought a 750watt 80+ psu so that's not it. Bios is up to date so that isnt it. Seent amd 4 emails and have yet to hear a single thing back. Cant get a refund now so I'm just stuck with. Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance.

Solution
The RX 570 is much less power hungry (comparatively) to the 5700XT. That is where I suspect the issue is...power related and possibly the PSU.

If the 5700 XT works properly elsewhere (you have had 3 of them), then the PSU is the likely culprit.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What is the make/model of the PSU? Also, what are the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of all installed components)?

Are you running the most current BIOS for your motherboard? Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Reactions: Rwike
Oct 12, 2019
What is the make/model of the PSU? Also, what are the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of all installed components)?

Are you running the most current BIOS for your motherboard? Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?
750 watt corsair cxm 80+ bronze psu
Msi B450m mortar
AMD 2700x
2x8gb Trident rgb

Everything is stock, just bought everything because I thought those were my problem not my brand new gpu. I'm fairly new when it comes to computers so no overclocking,xmp, under volting. nothing.

Oct 12, 2019
750 watt corsair cxm 80+ bronze psu
Msi B450m mortar
AMD 2700x
2x8gb Trident rgb

Everything is stock, just bought everything because I thought those were my problem not my brand new gpu. I'm fairly new when it comes to computers so no overclocking,xmp, under volting. nothing.
And the xfx raw 2 5700xt

Oct 12, 2019
I just bought the 750 watt I have a 450 watt that does the same thing. I only tried it with my last 2 though. The first one I didnt think it was psu I thought it was ram

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The 5700 XT is a power hungry GPU. A quality 600+ watt PSU is recommended to use it (the 450w you mentioned is significantly under-powered for it).

Assuming your current PSU is operating properly, it should be sufficient.

Just by chance, are you using any adapter cables with your PSU, particularly to connect to the GPU?

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

Oct 12, 2019
I recycled. Going to do a clean install now. Thank you. I'll post back tomorrow when I wake up and check it. again thanks for all the help.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
I had a similar issue about 9 months ago when I went from a RX580 to a GTX1070. Would randomly crash games out.
Asked on here and was advised to remove all drivers with DDU and reinstalm the most up to date directly from the chipset vendor rather than the card manufacturer.
This solved the problem, unsure if you have tried DDU to do a totally clean driver install?

Oct 12, 2019
I had a similar issue about 9 months ago when I went from a RX580 to a GTX1070. Would randomly crash games out.
Asked on here and was advised to remove all drivers with DDU and reinstalm the most up to date directly from the chipset vendor rather than the card manufacturer.
This solved the problem, unsure if you have tried DDU to do a totally clean driver install?
Yeah I tried that as well. Was on of the first things I tried. I probably found it on your thread. I've been looking everywhere for info and help before I posted.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you performed a clean install of Windows and the drivers, the use of DDU isn't necessary.

Do you have access to another PC to test the GPU in? The two likely culprits are now PSU and motherboard BIOS (which has been updated, so not likely now).