[SOLVED] 5700 XT drivers or worst luck in the world?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 12, 2019
Hello all,
I purchased an xfx 5700 xt raw 2 a month and a half ago. Since the first second I installed it I havent been able to play a single game. It soft reboots my pc back to windows log in on any game launch or starting epic store. I've been sent 2 different cards from xfx and still same problem. I've tried damn near everything I've found online and on here about black screens but nothing works. Tried every driver back to 9.3.3 and not a single one makes a difference. I've ran unigine
For 2 hours on maxed 1440p settings and ran perfectly fine averaged 64.5fps. Just bought a 750watt 80+ psu so that's not it. Bios is up to date so that isnt it. Seent amd 4 emails and have yet to hear a single thing back. Cant get a refund now so I'm just stuck with. Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance.

Solution
The RX 570 is much less power hungry (comparatively) to the 5700XT. That is where I suspect the issue is...power related and possibly the PSU.

If the 5700 XT works properly elsewhere (you have had 3 of them), then the PSU is the likely culprit.
Oct 12, 2019
Now for some reason after I put it back in my pc it just keeps randomly rebooting. Any time I try to download anything or click on any links. Event viewer has...
5 DistributedCOM warnings
DeviceSetupManager error
Kernel-EventTraving error
Event log error
Then finally KernalPower critical and it reboots.

Oct 12, 2019
I cant get to another system today unfortunately. seems like my pc is 10x worse today. Randomly reboots while trying to log into windows. Reboots if I click any icon. Or if i try to open any app.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The RX 570 is much less power hungry (comparatively) to the 5700XT. That is where I suspect the issue is...power related and possibly the PSU.

If the 5700 XT works properly elsewhere (you have had 3 of them), then the PSU is the likely culprit.

Reactions: Rwike
Solution