Question 5700 XT High junction temps

Hungalas

Commendable
May 29, 2017
I am getting quite high junction temps while gaming. 90-98. I first tried AC: Odyssey, but that crashed because of the shitty drivers I assume. Then I tried Witcher 3 maxed out, and it was still hitting that temp. My core temps are in the mid 70s, which are okay with a blower cooler.

I've already undervolted to 1912mHz at 1019mV, set an aggressive fan curve, 30c 25%, 50c 40%, 70c 55%, 90c 65%, 100c 75%. I've also removed the pad on the core and put in paste. Put 1mm plastic washers on the retention plate as GamersNexus recommended. I would underclock it even, but I don't know how to via Wattman.

I've no idea what else to do apart from installing a custom cooler with which I'm really not comfortable. I could easily buy an Accelero Xtreme IV, but there are no guides online specifically for the 5700XT and I wouldn't know how to properly install it myself.

Specs:
Windows 10 1903
Ryzen 5 1500x
5700XT
Seasonic S12 620W 80+ bronze
16gb 3200 mhz DDR4 (2x8gb)
MSI B450 Gaming Pro (it's the original bios, I've never updated because there wasn't a need, should I do that?)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This junction temp is scaring the crap out of me.

Hungalas

Commendable
May 29, 2017
What case and how many fans?

Is that fan curve loud? Seems like you could go more aggressive.

Have you tried MSI Afterburner with a custom fan curve?

I'm honestly not sure about the case name, thermaltake v3 I think. It's a real old mid tower, crappy one (Will be getting a new proper case 2 months from now, money kinda tight). It's open. As for fans, I've got 2 exhaust corsair sp120 and 2 intakes of the same one. The fan curve is kinda loud, but it doesn't bother me through a headset, I could set it more. It's already at 4k RPM most of the time though.