[SOLVED] 5700 XT MECH OC 8GB - AMD RYZEN 7 2700X - CONSTANT FREEZING & AUDIO/BSOD's issues. UNPLAYABLE SYSTEM.

DriftKing13

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hi all.

Recently bought an ALPHASYNC LUNASPEC GAMING XT build from a company.
-5700 XT MECH OC EDITION 8GB
-RYZEN 7 2700X 3.7 GHz
-B450M-A ASUS MOBO
-16GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
-650w CORSAIR PSU

Since turning the PC on after unboxing, i could just about connect to my WIFI & log in to windows 10 as it crashed multiple times on startup. assumed it was just because it was first time operating.

Since this, every time i log in to windows it will either crash as i click to put my windows pin in or crash when doing simple tasks such as opening my documents.

Also after it was fine for a while last night, i installed and ran Forza Horizon 4 this morning, the audio started to echo, then the audio device disappeared, then it muted and when i tried to locate the driver, crashed and forced restart.

The error codes in the event viewer are 0x0000016 hardware error. If this helps anyone. I do believe this is a GPU hadrware error, is it defective.

I have updated all drivers & updated B450 to latest firmware update. Tried all the methods online such as drivers, firmware, AMD settings.

I have not touched any OC or BIOS settings other than updating firmware due to voiding warranty, i really do not want to have to send the PC back as it is a bit of a task.

Anyone had any issues with these components and know of a fix? i know some people suggested changing the AUTO/PCIE 4.0 to PCI 3.0 on the BIOS but that option is not available and i cannot find it at all.

Any help would go a long way as i am distraught right now.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Solution
Do not overclock or undervolt anything. Test without XMP memory as well. Download DDU and Uninstall ALL AMD Drivers (Radeon, chipset, audio). Then install 20.2.2. Refresh Windows 10 updates to have windows handle any missing drivers.

DriftKing13

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Do not overclock or undervolt anything. Test without XMP memory as well. Download DDU and Uninstall ALL AMD Drivers (Radeon, chipset, audio). Then install 20.2.2. Refresh Windows 10 updates to have windows handle any missing drivers.
Hi, Thank you for the reply!

I have not and will not OC anything due to warranty and my knowledge.

I did DDU all drivers and chipsets and even reinstalled windows which didnt do anything, would backdating the AMD drivers to an earlier update fix the issues im having.