[SOLVED] 5700 xt sapphire pulse fans randomly idle up to ungodly loud level.

Bmann78

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
So I only had this problem once before and updating the drivers seemed, weirdly enough, to fix it. But not this time. I play fairly graphical intense games since building this system and even then the fans on the gpu remained quiet. Now, at random anytime my gpu approaches 57 degrees the fans rpm jumps up past a 1000, even when no task are running. My case is well ventilated blow out the dust regularly, nothing is overclocked. Like I said this only happened one other time. I've checked task when the fans spin up and nothing is utilizing the gpu. Honestly I'd expect it while gaming but my pc remains relatively quiet while gaming, or used to now that this problem is back. But yeah anytime my card gets near 60 degrees the fans spin up very fast rpms and loud until its cooled back down to around mid to high 40's. Any help would greatly be appreciated since updating the drivers this time didn't fix the issue.
fans.jpg

Solution
I would suggest you setting up fan curve since this is abnormal fan curve set up in bios of gpu. (or flash new bios from sapphire site, if there is one)
You can do it in amd or msi afterburner with hystersis of 12*C (it wont ramp up and down it will wait for 12 to get cooler until it ramps down).
My rx 580 is cooking at 85c+ without fan curve but with its at 76-83c.
is this image while idling?

how many fans are there on the card?
if a single or multiple fans have failed, one can still report the RPM.

and what are you using to set fan speeds?
if Afterburner is involved it has issues with fan control on many 3rd party cards.
many times it will only control a single fan while setting the others to 0%.

Last edited:
I would suggest you setting up fan curve since this is abnormal fan curve set up in bios of gpu. (or flash new bios from sapphire site, if there is one)
You can do it in amd or msi afterburner with hystersis of 12*C (it wont ramp up and down it will wait for 12 to get cooler until it ramps down).
My rx 580 is cooking at 85c+ without fan curve but with its at 76-83c.

Solution

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Just remove the 0 rpm fan mode and have the fans spin at all times. Also big yikes thinking 1000 rpm is ungodly loud lmao.

You have to click on the grey button on the right to "fan tuning" and turning off the 0 rpm mode.

Bmann78

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
is this image while idling?

how many fans are there on the card?
if a single or multiple fans have failed, one can still report the RPM.

and what are you using to set fan speeds?
if Afterburner is involved it has issues with fan control on many 3rd party cards.
many times it will only control a single fan while setting the others to 0%.
There are 2 and yes this was while sitting at desktop with nothing opened.