[SOLVED] 5700 XT stopped working.... Sort of

Apr 18, 2021
System Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus Tuf Gaming x-570
32GB RAM
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
Windows 10 (up to date)

Last night while watching YouTube, my the video froze and just had the spinning "loading circle". Video never continues, nor did any other video. After trying every other streaming site, noting would stream. Even video files on my HDD won't play. Needless to say, neither will any games. other than that, all 3 of my connected displays function normally. I've reseated the card, deleted the drivers and reinstalled using the factory reset option through the Radeon software, and run a stress test through the Radeon software to see if it would generate any error messages. The Radeon software shows the device as operating properly and shows that the drivers are up to date.

The only indication of any errors is in the Device Manager-Device settings-Display Adapters-5700 xt "Events" tab. It shows "Device not started (amdkmdag)" and in the information window below displays this :

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_23131458&REV_C1\6&13aa1004&0&00000019 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem2.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdkmdag
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Any ideas? I'm able to get you tube to play briefly by disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome, so I'm assuming that the GPU is not picking up the load but have no clue why and why it would happen all of a sudden and in a low demand setting. Also, nothing on my machine is overclocked, and I've not noticed any other issues or errors. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

System Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus Tuf Gaming x-570
32GB RAM
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
Windows 10 (up to date)

Last night while watching YouTube, my the video froze and just had the spinning "loading circle". Video never continues, nor did any other video. After trying every other streaming site, noting would stream. Even video files on my HDD won't play. Needless to say, neither will any games. other than that, all 3 of my connected displays function normally. I've reseated the card, deleted the drivers and reinstalled using the factory reset option through the Radeon software, and run a stress test through the Radeon software to see if it would generate any error messages. The Radeon software shows the device as operating properly and shows that the drivers are up to date.

The only indication of any errors is in the Device Manager-Device settings-Display Adapters-5700 xt "Events" tab. It shows "Device not started (amdkmdag)" and in the information window below displays this :

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_23131458&REV_C1\6&13aa1004&0&00000019 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem2.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdkmdag
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Any ideas? I'm able to get you tube to play briefly by disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome, so I'm assuming that the GPU is not picking up the load but have no clue why and why it would happen all of a sudden and in a low demand setting. Also, nothing on my machine is overclocked, and I've not noticed any other issues or errors. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Please run userbenchmark and post a link to your results.

Apr 18, 2021
I'm also now noticing that I have no audio output, which is strange because I haven't made any changes relating to audio recently nor do I have any errors in Device Manager. I may try to update the chipset drivers, maybe something on there is corrupt

Try this and come back if it doesn't work out

Solution
Apr 18, 2021
Try this and come back if it doesn't work out

I just tried that and no luck. Actually tried it a 2nd time and removed all the audio drivers as well since I'm having audio issues but nothing has changed