Aug 2, 2019
So i've finally built my gaming pc end of december with these specs:

rog strix 5700 xt oc 8gb
amd ryzen 7 2700x
hyperx predator rgb 2x8g 3200mhz
amd wraith prism cooler
patriot viper vpn100 m.2 ssd 500gb
nzxt h510i

so everything seemed to be working fine, and then sometimes the pc crashed, idk why it did, it seemed random.

and now since yesterday, fps and games run smoothly in midday, then in the evening when i try and run fortnite it's all fps drops and stutter. i even had stutter in minecraft when the fps was 200 which was weird. then i checked the drivers, said there was an update so i updated them thought it was maybe the drivers but on the new drivers the fps drops seemed to be even worse. what am i supposed to do, this is a brand new part and it's performing poorly.

Solution
I think there were some guys having issues with the very latest drivers. 19.12.3 I think. On my phone so my apologies if the version number isn't exactly right. But I remember another thread where some had rolled back to the .1 version drivers and that things were working a bit better.
I think there were some guys having issues with the very latest drivers. 19.12.3 I think. On my phone so my apologies if the version number isn't exactly right. But I remember another thread where some had rolled back to the .1 version drivers and that things were working a bit better.

Solution

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
so i rolled back to 19.12.2 which i was on before but that only helped a little, now i'm on 19.12.1 and it seems to be the best, although still the occasional drop to 7-20 fps.