Question 5700x

5700x (be quiet dark rock slim cooler)
x570 i aorus pro wifi
2x8 (16gb) hyperX RAM 3600Mhz
msi 3060 ti
seasonic focus plus gold 750w

Im not one to obsess over benchmark scores but just swapped out my 5600x to a 5700x and ran cinnebench r20 and noticed that on the multicore benchmark, the cores are only working at 3.8Ghz at stock. Is this normal? If I run the test with PBO enabled, they run at 4.4Ghz. Temps are fine on both runs, just expected the cores to be running a little faster without PBO enabled?

Just to add, no other problems, cores boost to max fine when gaming etc, just getting 3.8Ghz on this benchmark.
Published specs for the CPU are 3.4Ghz base to max boost clock of 4.6Ghz. With stock settings 3.8Ghz sounds about right, depending on heatsink you are using.

So what to do....enable PBO with curve optimizer and see if you can't get it to run closer to 4.2Ghz through the benchmark. But it's not likely to get that high unless also putting it under really good cooling, probably the most important thing to do with 8 (or more) cores for a benchmark like CB20.

Last edited:

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
I think your running into a power limit, you'll need to open up the power limits in bois or Ryzen master to allow for more multi core speeds. Curve optimizer might help free up some juice for higher clocks as well.

I've got the same chip and with the curve optimizer and a +100mhz boost it's helped increase scores a bit. But my multi core is still pretty low, temps don't break 55c. Single core boosts up to 4.75 on all the cores but only a few at a time. I'm going to play around with power limits but haven't yet.

Yeah, Ive been playing around with HYDRA but currently not 100% stable but have been getting 4.6Ghz on all core load and most are boosting to 4.75Ghz and 2 cores boosting to 4.825Ghz. To be honest though, think Im going to just use the curve optimizer in BIOS and increase the boost +100-150mhz like you. It's not like I need to push the cpu but you know 'boys and their toys.' :)

Reactions: Kona45primo
Yeah, Ive been playing around with HYDRA... :)

I've not messed around with HYDRA, but I think it's the follow-on tool to 1Usmus's Clock Tuner for Ryzen. If so, it's probably a great tool for finding stable per-core curve optimizer settings that you can transfer into BIOS settings. If it needs RyzenMaster's service to function you could then uninstall it. I've frequently had issues with the RM service running.

Using clock boost isn't really that hard on the CPU so long as you keep EDC current in check. That also helps my 5800X achieve it's maximum boosts (up to 5050Mhz) in light work loads. But even with that, holding boost clocks in heavy workloads like Cinebench comes down to cooling and keeping temperature in check.

I've not messed around with HYDRA, but I think it's the follow-on tool to 1Usmus's Clock Tuner for Ryzen. If so, it's probably a great tool for finding stable per-core curve optimizer settings that you can transfer into BIOS settings. If it needs RyzenMaster's service to function you could then uninstall it. I've frequently had issues with the RM service running.

Using clock boost isn't really that hard on the CPU so long as you keep EDC current in check. That also helps my 5800X achieve it's maximum boosts (up to 5050Mhz) in light work loads. But even with that, holding boost clocks in heavy workloads like Cinebench comes down to cooling and keeping temperature in check.

Yep. I find 170a EDC is my sweet spot for boost and temperature. CO at -30 all cores. Using the +200Mhz feature doesn't seem to do anything on this system.

Reactions: kurdtnz
5700x (be quiet dark rock slim cooler)
x570 i aorus pro wifi
2x8 (16gb) hyperX RAM 3600Mhz
msi 3060 ti
seasonic focus plus gold 750w

Im not one to obsess over benchmark scores but just swapped out my 5600x to a 5700x and ran cinnebench r20 and noticed that on the multicore benchmark, the cores are only working at 3.8Ghz at stock. Is this normal? If I run the test with PBO enabled, they run at 4.4Ghz. Temps are fine on both runs, just expected the cores to be running a little faster without PBO enabled?

Seems like normal behaviour to me. I think this one did 4Ghz without PBO but does 4.5Ghz all core on Cinebench R23 with tuned settings. Just keep PBO on if temps were fine with it on.

Reactions: kurdtnz