Cyhe

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020
I have recently purchased an Asus Strix 5700xt and I was really interested in upgrading or replacing my current gpu. I came from a gtx 1080 FE and from every review and bench marks, people were getting comparable scores to the 1080 ti. I bought at an incredibly discounted price for good reason I guess. I bought I and swapped in and got all the drivers and it just wasn't performing where expected. 1080 was just better. But people with same system and card where way out performing my same system. Looked up every forum and video trying to find a fix. I've reinstalled window, cleaned my drive, ddu, update bios, and updated my chipset. I've taken my side panels off to an open test bench style with an ac directly on it. It seems fine some times, but just casually dips to 40-50 and sometimes lower for no reason. If you have any ideas or advice I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

System specs:
Ryzen 2600
5700xt Asus Strix
3000 mhz ddr4 corsair lpx
Samsung 860 500gb
Asus b450 I
550 evga psu

You'll have to contact an Asus support center to get a repair kit that will fix the problem on their cards.

I've wondered if you could RMA it should you be uncomfortable removing 4 screws and putting in the new ones. Contact Asus support to find out.

ALSO, and lastly... try undervolting! Whether before or after your card is repaired, in Wattman just hit the Auto Undervolt button and nothing else. 'Undervolting' helps the card run a lot cooler, keeping a steadier clock. And let's fans run slower/quieter too!

5700/XT (maybe 5500/5600 too) have BIOS default voltage higher than really needed and most all cards can benefit from this. No overclocking needed, just lower voltage and improve or smooth out performance.

Last edited: