[SOLVED] 5700xt Red Devil or normal?

architect md

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
So I’m decided on a 5700xt. There are a couple of deals at the moment, the Powercolor Red Devil looks amazing but there’s a Sapphire 5700xt (not custom) for £60 cheaper. Is the Red Devil worth the extra £60?

I will be using to play games mostly and only casually (Witcher 3, fallen order etc.) but I want something that will last me.

Solution
If your case is decently cooled, then it will be fine. A blower style is def gonna be louder than a twin fan, but I think its still gonna be pretty quiet since this card is designed to be a blower card.

So yea dont worry too much about noise and temps unless your rig is running kinda warm
Nov 26, 2019
I would go with the Sapphire RX 5700XT (guessing this is the Pulse model, not the Nitro+). This card is already wildly powerful, and unless you want that 1% performance increase, don't go for the Red Devil.

Reactions: architect md

architect md

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
I can confirm that this is the reference cooler, I’m a little concerned over noise and temps, the 5 or so FPS drop is less concerning at the moment but not sure if that will be more noticeable in a few years time?

Nov 26, 2019
If your case is decently cooled, then it will be fine. A blower style is def gonna be louder than a twin fan, but I think its still gonna be pretty quiet since this card is designed to be a blower card.

So yea dont worry too much about noise and temps unless your rig is running kinda warm

Solution