[SOLVED] 5700xt with legacy bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrw363

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Hello Everyone. I Currently have a Rampage 3 formula X58 chipset board with a Xeon 5675 clocked at 4.6ghz. I have 24 gigs of ddr3 ram. I recently purchased an Rx 5700xt to replace my vega 56. The vega 56 ran flawlessly. When I install the 5700xt and power up as soon as the windows boot screen is about to show the screen goes black and stays black. The card's lights and fans turn on. Eventually, I restart the system. I assumed that it would work regardless of being a uefi card with my legacy board because the Vega 56 is also a uefi board. If anyone has any advice or things to try I would highly appreciate it. DIes this sound like a bios issue, or something else?

Try in safe mode and uninstall GPU driver if you can boot into safe mode.

img_5adda0ffeb43e.png

Jrw363

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
The issue is that I can not access windows with the 5700xt; it will not go passed my bios screen. As soon as the windows loading screen is to show up, it goes black. Its windows seven pro 64x if that helps. The only way I could try safe mode is to boot into windows with my RX 590 and then switch cards between restart. I will try this

Hello Everyone. I Currently have a Rampage 3 formula X58 chipset board with a Xeon 5675 clocked at 4.6ghz. I have 24 gigs of ddr3 ram. I recently purchased an Rx 5700xt to replace my vega 56. The vega 56 ran flawlessly. When I install the 5700xt and power up as soon as the windows boot screen is about to show the screen goes black and stays black. The card's lights and fans turn on. Eventually, I restart the system. I assumed that it would work regardless of being a uefi card with my legacy board because the Vega 56 is also a uefi board. If anyone has any advice or things to try I would highly appreciate it. DIes this sound like a bios issue, or something else?
What is the reason for sticking to such an old platform? The money spent on that $400+ video card upgrade would have been better saved toward a Ryzen 3600, motherboard and 32GB of ram for around $500. For $650-700 you could have bought an entry level Threadripper, motherboard and 4x8GB. Threadripper will give you quad channel memory vs triple on your x58. I don't even think you could fully use the RX 5700XT. The Vega56 was a better fit for your 6c12t lga 1366 CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.