Question 5700xt won’t boot in my pc, but does my mates?

Jxwz

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
So I have been playing the new world closed beta the past few days on my 5700xt played it today for a couple of hours, closed the game and put my computer too sleep, came back 3-4 hours later tried to turn it on and it refused to boot, unplugged gpu, the computer booted up. Tried my gpu in a friends computer that computer booted up, tried his gpu in my computer and my computer booted fine, I have reset the cmos, reset the bios as it boots without the gpu installed.. have tried each pcie slot I have and no change? I don’t understand why it boots in my friends computer but will not work in mine?

Jxwz

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
With his GPU working in yours and yours in his makes this really strange especially since the cards are similar in power consumption.
Yup... going to try boot into safe mode without my gpu plugged and use ddu see if that does anything but I can’t think of anything else to try that I haven’t already done..

Yup... going to try boot into safe mode without my gpu plugged and use ddu see if that does anything but I can’t think of anything else to try that I haven’t already done..
Right course of action but if still no fix process of elimination PSU, mobo and etc if your friend can help to test your components. I am lucky have 4 PC's in the home so easy to troubleshoot parts.

Jxwz

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
Y
Right course of action but if still no fix process of elimination PSU, mobo and etc if your friend can help to test your components. I am lucky have 4 PC's in the home so easy to troubleshoot parts.
Yeah I’m thinking it’s psu as it clicks when I try and boot so I’m borrowing another today to see if that’s the issue so fingers crossed