Question 5700xt worth upgrading to an 4070 ti?

funko88

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
Hey, I am currently running a radeon 5700xt. Founder edition.

I was debating upgrading to a 4070ti.

I havnt found a game that the 5700 hasn't been able to handle but I'm interested in ray tracing.

I only play at 2k.

Worth the money for raytracing and added longevity ?

Thanks In advance.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I don't think anyone is going to argue that the 4070ti is a far more powerful graphics card. IMO ray tracing isn't that big a deal and especially considering how few games still support it at this time. Mostly, it's a great way to tank frame rates but YMMV.

Worth the money. A resounding no. Not because this card isn't powerful or capable, but it's price point as well as all of 4xxx has been well beyond reason, never mind traditional pricing scheme. If this is to become the pricing norm for graphics cards in general, it is a loss for consumers.

funko88

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
Thanks for replies guys. My psu is 850 watts so plenty there.

My debate is mostly.... should I upgrade to the 4070 now and be set for the next few years or does the 5700 xt still have alot or juice left in it.

The 192 bits kind of scares me on the 4070 for longevity....

Trying to prepare for starfield...

4070ti good card but overpriced. Before you get that card make sure you have good airflow and that your power supply is up to snuff. You may wait though, I thought I saw part of a video today claiming that there may be price reductions of some of the cards like the 7900xt and 4070 ti.

The 5700xt is about equivalent to a 6600xt, or a 3060. If you’re at 1080p, then you are ok probably. If 1440p or above you are probably starting to see your card struggle a bit.

4070ti good card but overpriced. Before you get that card make sure you have good airflow and that your power supply is up to snuff. You may wait though, I thought I saw part of a video today claiming that there may be price reductions of some of the cards like the 7900xt and 4070 ti.

The 5700xt is about equivalent to a 6600xt, or a 3060. If you’re at 1080p, then you are ok probably. If 1440p or above you are probably starting to see your card struggle a bit.

4070ti only just come out to have price reduce?

Hey, I am currently running a radeon 5700xt. Founder edition.

I was debating upgrading to a 4070ti.

I havnt found a game that the 5700 hasn't been able to handle but I'm interested in ray tracing.

I only play at 2k.

Worth the money for raytracing and added longevity ?

Thanks In advance.

It varies game to game. But the 4070ti is roughly the same GPU Processing power as a 3090 so you'll get roughly 80% more frames. That said, it's considered a rip off value wise by many professional reviewers.

GeForce RTX 3090 vs Radeon RX 5700 XT – Hardware Compare: Graphics Cards, CPU & SSD Comparison (hwcompare.com)