TheRCMKid

Commendable
Oct 14, 2019
I'm looking to get a RX 580, choosing between the Nitro+ and the ASUS Dual Radeon models and notice that the Nitro+ uses a 1x8pin and 1x6pin connector. Now the connectors themselves aren't an issue but when I was making my build on pcpartpickers, a warning popped up with that (the MSI b450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC) uses a 1x8pin and 1x4pin connector which is needed for " large video card". Personally, I don't think that the Nitro+ 580 is a large video card in terms of specs and performance (you know, unless im wrong) but since the card uses two power connectors, it may be considered as one. So bottom line is, is the Nitro+ 580 still compatible with my mobo or should settle with the ASUS Dual Radeon?

Solution
it's a Cooler Master 550W 80+ (MPE-5501-ACABW-AU ), and no not physical size but I was under the impression that it has two connectors, it may need to draw additional power from the board as well.
yeah it has two connectors but i believe that the psu has the appropriate connectors for the GPU... dont worry... buy either one whichever u prefer... happy gaming...
EDIT: Sry, I misread the PSU model... u need a better power supply unit if u r planning on gaming... both the graphics card u r planning to buy may work but i wud advice u to get a better psu...

TheRCMKid

Commendable
Oct 14, 2019
Yes its compatible... by large are u concerned that it wont fit inside ur case? Whats ur PSU make and model?
it's a Cooler Master 550W 80+ (MPE-5501-ACABW-AU ), and no not physical size but I was under the impression that it has two connectors, it may need to draw additional power from the board as well.

yeah it has two connectors but i believe that the psu has the appropriate connectors for the GPU... dont worry... buy either one whichever u prefer... happy gaming...
EDIT: Sry, I misread the PSU model... u need a better power supply unit if u r planning on gaming... both the graphics card u r planning to buy may work but i wud advice u to get a better psu...

Last edited:
Solution