Question 5800X and 3070 system crashing

druppes

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
Hi,

I have a new system from entirely new parts that crashes after about 5-10 hours of playing Wow. It goes straight to a black screen.

I have reinstalled windows from scratch and re built the PC making sure each component is correctly installed.

My specs are
AMD 5800x (stock clock with AIO)
Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC
Gigabyte AMD B550 AORUS PRO AX
Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600
EVGA GM 650 Watt 80+ Gold SFX PSU
Gigabyte AORUS 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0

All parts are brand new. Its a larger mini ITX case and temps seem great. Gaming i seem to hit a max of 60 degrees on CPU. Although I really dont push the PC much. I did experience 2 of the crashes when recording via the geforce experience as well.

My error i got after reboot was this:

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 124
Parameter 1: 0
Parameter 2: ffff9e8202577b90
Parameter 3: bc000800
Parameter 4: 1010135

I have also recieved the "Windows was not Shut down properly" with no other indication of fault a couple times.

Any advice? Thanks :)

See if uninstalling Geforce Experience, stops the crashes.
You will get the "Windows was not Shut down properly" anytime Windows is not shutdown properly...such as a crash.

Just to make sure, check that your RAM voltage is set to 1.35v in the BIOS.

druppes

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
Still getting crashes, I feel like its less now. But im really not sure what to do now. Spent over £1500 and my 6 year old pc is more stable. Thinking of either selling or just replacing half the hardware. Any suggestions?

Jul 9, 2021
(edit: actually misread the issue you are having, my computer doesn't crash but instead all the screens go black and the computer continues to run, even audio.)

Update? I am having the same issue. Been to computer store after computer store trying to fix the issue. I have purchased a new motherboard, PSU, and RAM after a recommendation from different stores after paying for testing. Still broken.

Ryzen 5800x
Strix 3070
Asus B-550
Seasonic 750W

Yes, I have tried literally all the fixes of re-installing windows and drivers and all that. Thought it was an issue with my ram as the computer wouldn't boot with ram at 3600 but only at 3200. I purchased native 3200 Ryzen recommend RAM today thinking that would solve the issue but still broken.