Question 5800x Help Please- Tuf Gaming B550m

Dec 25, 2021
Can't find a posting on this issue anywhere online.
Just built a new system.

Asus Tuf Gaming B550m plus,
ryzen 5800x
32gb ddr4
gtx1080

I know I need to update the bios prior to using this cpu and I was able to do it successfully once. But my video card started revving at 100% fan rpm and this seemed strange.
I shut the system off and turned it back on and it said windows didn't shut down properly and it encountered an issue.
I wanted to test my gpu to see if it was still working so I put it in another machine and it's working fine.

So this is where I am now and need help with... I am trying to start from scratch again. I removed ram, cpu, gpu and shorted the cmos and removed the battery on the board. Waited 10 min . Plugged the battery back in and shorted cmos one more time.

Now I am ready to update bios with flash disk. But this is the problem. The motherboard green light is flashing in the back right when I turn on the PSU. So I am unable to know if the flashback bios process starts or finishes. The light won't stop flashing. It's a green light.

Also does anybody know what my video card started revving at top speeds when I started CSGO?

Anybody know what's up?