[SOLVED] 5800x idle 60-70 temp

Jan 10, 2021
Hi guys. I know this has been a question asked a hundred times, but mine is slightly different. My set up is
AMD 5800x,
inwin case
masterliquid ml240r cooler master
3070 gpu
750w gold psu
32gb ram

So.. My pc sits at roughly 55-70 degrees when browsing internet.. The fans are permanently ramped up to crazy levels.
Now, I turned of the powercore boost in bios and my temps are all back down to 30-50 whilst idle and even gaming.
Just wondering how much performance loss i'm actually getting with powerboost off and if it's a lot, is there any way i can leave it on and not get such ridiculous temps. (gaming temps are 80-90 with it on).
(Have tried reseating cooler, reapplying paste etc)

Solution
It could be that when PowerCore is enabled that your water pump is not working properly. Air may have also worked its way into your water lines, it could also be that you have a setting enabled in your BIOS on in your overclocking software that is along the lines of "Force Constant Voltage". This means that no matter what you are doing, the voltage will always be really high, which your CPU doesn't really appreciate. Not entirely familiar with how the pump is powered on this specific cooler, whether it be a Molex/SATA connector or a 12v fan plug on the Mobo, but try powering the pump separately from your system for a test run. If it is a fan plug on your mobo, make sure it is enabled in the bios under the PowerCore profile.

Ajfer03

Great
Jan 10, 2021
It could be that when PowerCore is enabled that your water pump is not working properly. Air may have also worked its way into your water lines, it could also be that you have a setting enabled in your BIOS on in your overclocking software that is along the lines of "Force Constant Voltage". This means that no matter what you are doing, the voltage will always be really high, which your CPU doesn't really appreciate. Not entirely familiar with how the pump is powered on this specific cooler, whether it be a Molex/SATA connector or a 12v fan plug on the Mobo, but try powering the pump separately from your system for a test run. If it is a fan plug on your mobo, make sure it is enabled in the bios under the PowerCore profile.

Solution