[SOLVED] 5800x problems.

gwynnblade

Reputable
Oct 28, 2019
I upgraded from a 3600x to a 5800x, updated BIOS and installed the CPU.
When trying to turn on the PC, it would always bring me to the BIOS screen, until I changed the OS settings to CSM instead of UEFI.
Here is when the problems started, I used to get 50-60 fps on Escape from Tarkov with my 3600x, with the 5800x im getting 20-30.
Im wondering what I did wrong, I even reinstalled windows to no effect on performance, and still cant boot on UEFI mode.

Some things to take into consideration:

• I own a B450 Bazooka v2 mobo.
  • I also upgraded my ram from 16 GB to 32 GB.

Solution
When trying to turn on the PC, it would always bring me to the BIOS screen, until I changed the OS settings to CSM instead of UEFI.
Here is when the problems started, I used to get 50-60 fps on Escape from Tarkov with my 3600x, with the 5800x im getting 20-30.
Im wondering what I did wrong, I even reinstalled windows to no effect on performance, and still cant boot on UEFI mode.

Have you ever reset CMOS? do it with both shorting the pins and as well pulling out the coin cell battery for a minute or so.

Did your system run in EFI...

Have you ever reset CMOS? do it with both shorting the pins and as well pulling out the coin cell battery for a minute or so.

Did your system run in EFI mode before the upgrades? Are you certain the drive is partitioned with GPT scheme?

Check if Disk is MBR or GPT in Windows Hardware & Drivers - Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com)

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

TRENDING THREADS