Fromtheashes

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Firstly ive heard third-fourth hand that the voltage on this card cannot ever be controlled via software, if so wheres the source of this information? Ive scoured the internet for a week now. Im certain someone much smarter than me will come along and figure out the Hardmod to configure the voltage eventually. Until then, im hoping that there is just no compatible software to change the voltages atm!

Fromtheashes

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Yeah i realize that, the toxic is a custom board though, they changed more than just the cooling.

Fromtheashes

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Do you mean for the meantime? Is it possible to create software in the future?
Where is the source of this information? Not trying to be difficult, id like to take your word for it.

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Just from my knowledge...

Its a custom PCB. Every company that does a custom pcb cant be overvolted using software. XFX likes to do this a lot to, and it gets on everyone's nerves.

You will need to do a physical mod if you hope to raise the voltage.

Fromtheashes

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

On the lookout for a guide, because hoping consumers void warranties is a viable business strategy. Although the performance at stock voltage is sufficient.

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Yeah, i wouldnt reccomend finding one out yourself... it is quite a lengthy process and you have to solder potentometers down to your PCB.

Just stick with the stock performance for now, until they come out with a program for your card.

Fromtheashes

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Update:
I was able to overclock to 900mhz clock, 1175 Mhz memory using stock voltage using MSI Afterburner with enabled unofficial overclocking. The voltage slider was of course greyed out for this card. Idle temps 40c, Load temps 55c. Been playing crysis on very high, 8xAA at around 55avg fps (but at a low resolution of 1360x768 as its the highest resolution my LCD 32" TV will support via HDMI or DVI; my new 1920x1080 Acer 23" monitor will arrive in the mail tomorrow!) I cannot wait to be able to overvolt this monster of a card; pure speculation but i imagine i could easily hit the 1Ghz mark for the core clock.