[SOLVED] 5850X and 4090

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013
I’m purchasing the MSI 4090, and upgrading to the 5850x. I’m expecting bottleneck obviously but will I see noticeable bottleneck or not?

Solution
with a 4090 you should be at 4k or maybe 1440p at the lowest.

the cpu is not the bottleneck at the higher resolutions since the gpu is working much harder.

should not be an issue at all and nothing to worry about.

however, if for some reason you are at 1080p, then this is a COLOSSAL WASTE OF MONEY. both the cpu and gpu!!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

the cpu is not the bottleneck at the higher resolutions since the gpu is working much harder.

however, if for some reason you are at 1080p, then this is a COLOSSAL WASTE OF MONEY. both the cpu and gpu!!

Reactions: drivinfast247
Solution

Jimbob1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013

What about with the 3700x which is what I've got currently.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
should not be much different. at 4k, the gpu is doing most of the work. take a look and see if someone has bench marked some cpu's for the games you play. really only way to tell.

been a long time since i cared enough to alook for such info but it's usually there to find. search "my game" cpu benchmarks and you should find something to at least give you an idea