5870 problems

G

Hi i have just recieved my pc which was built for me. I am constantly getting different coloured dots flickering on my screen and sometimes lines. I'll list all the components below.

Asus Crosshair Formula III mobo
AMD Phenom 965 3.4ghz
8gb OCZ gold AMD edition ram
Sapphire Vapor-x 5870
Corsair HX750w

All drivers are up to date and i am using a Benq 22" monitor that can support 1920x1080.

Please can someone tell me how to solve this or any ideas why im having this problem.

RogerDeath

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I would first start off by checking the other resolutions your monitor "likes" to see if the problem exists within this one resolution. If not, then I would have to suggest an RMA because it sounds like you got a bad chip.

G

All parts are brand new so have manufacturers warranty and i dont think there is any assembly warranty

G

I downloaded hardware monitor and my min is 23*c and max 30*c. I have literally had this pc for about 4 hours as it was built yesterday so no overclocking or anything. I have not even installed any programs or games just as soon as i turn it on this problem occures.

G

iv checked the pins and all seems ok, im now using the monitor on this other oc and its all good, maybe it is just a suspect gpu

G

sorry i meant pc, i am not able to test the gpu on a different system as my only other one is very old

G

looks like it just i was hoping there would be a simple solution lol plus this card is just hours old, anyway i appreciate everyones input and help, thanks