58XX today?

Solution

ALWAYS Lots of Bear... errr.. I mean BEER !! [:thegreatgrapeape:3]

Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems !! :sol:

rudinho

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
C mon THG, 22 sept 14:00 and no review, nothing, nada.

NDA ends today and no official onfo about the card. Oh let me guess like NV they see the opponent bahind tech&time wise so a surprise delay for shippement, better yields...... and sell all remaining 4770 ..?

jerohmeee

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
SOMETHING better happen today. I am getting sick and tired of all these damn dates being thrown around and NOTHING happening as they go by. What the hell is going on here? When are we going to get solid concrete info on these damn cards? Ha this is ridiculous. I go to their website and there is nothing at all about the 5xxx. All it is is rumor over rumor over rumor. Don't mean to vent but its annoying. RAWR! :fou: There are dozens of sites saying launch on september 22. There were also sites that said launch one september 10th... all we got that day was the dumb eyefinity World of Warcraft on 20 screens.

then1z

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Will agree... the 22nd has come it's still not here... and does anyone else think it's strange that there is NO info on this card on the manufacturer's website? Ahhhh the rumor mill strikes again.

TheViper

Distinguished
Visiontek is the only supplier of HD4870 X2's on Newegg right now and they've been slashed to $329 without rebates.

That puts it nicely in line with the price/performance scale of the incoming HD5xxx series.

For comparison, the nVidia GTX285 is at $325 and the GTX295 is at $470.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

"Sauces have revealed that AMD has committed a large proportion of these cards to Dell..."

mmm what kind of sauce are they using ?

rudinho

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
it would be funny, even it has 1 % to happen, NV release the GT 300 in next 5 day, w/o shortage of the product on the market.... that would be a marketing genioushit & ati blow. Okay to much i played Total war way too much :)

" patience Master Kenobi, R2D2 will show up and solve everything "

" Some say it's a legend born from nothing, Nostradamus didn't predicted it will appear, all we know it's called the HD 5870"

" It will have the calculation speed of 1.5 teraflop" ->>> to bad it's not faster than my granny to get in my PC retailer."

Okay guys, keep w8.