[SOLVED] 5900x Asus prime plus mobo, overclock??

fastfed

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I tried using the auto on and mastery and then using the bios tweak section and just going to level 3 for overclock. I get 4.5ghz but temps seem high and voltage is 1.4 or a little higher.

Is there an easy guide somewhere to follow on how to get better results?? I think 4.5ghz is enough but getting to 85c with water cooled seems high to me.

Solution
I tried using the auto on and mastery and then using the bios tweak section and just going to level 3 for overclock. I get 4.5ghz but temps seem high and voltage is 1.4 or a little higher.

Is there an easy guide somewhere to follow on how to get better results?? I think 4.5ghz is enough but getting to 85c with water cooled seems high to me.
Easy guide for Vermeer (5000 series Ryzen CPU's) is: don't overclock. It's very hard, requires extreme cooling and generally nets no performance benefit.

In your case, 4.5Ghz is worse performance than you'd see with light threaded work like gaming where you could routinely expect 4.8Ghz boosts if left bone stock, using a mediocre cooling solution. With good cooling like a 280 or 360MM AIO...

Hey there,

Is this the Prime B550 Plus?

List the rest of your specs.

Easy guide for Vermeer (5000 series Ryzen CPU's) is: don't overclock. It's very hard, requires extreme cooling and generally nets no performance benefit.

In your case, 4.5Ghz is worse performance than you'd see with light threaded work like gaming where you could routinely expect 4.8Ghz boosts if left bone stock, using a mediocre cooling solution. With good cooling like a 280 or 360MM AIO or huge air cooler you can expect 5.0 to 5.05Ghz boosting with under-volting using Curve Optimizer.

And what's worse: running it at 1.4V constantly will probably end up degrading the CPU early.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution
Hi
I followed this video
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvVs_6Sr3wU&feature=youtu.be

My ppt, tdc, edc values are very close to the video
( I just got the 5900x mar 6th so still seeing what the best is for me ) and my all core is neg 20.

No voltages have been touched and
It does exactly as Drea.drechsler said.
When I play Ghost Recon Wildlands or Breakpoint my 5900x runs 4.6 min to 4.9 during the game and have seen it hit 5.075
With temps in the mid to upper 50's
In cb r23 I think it tops out @ about 74-76c.
My Corsair H150i Elite Capellix fans on a custom curve only runs about 17-1800 gaming and up to 2100 running cb r23.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/72806769

fastfed

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Yea I guess with these new chips cannot really OC like the old days.

you can either OC all cores, or single core but not both.
Guess you have to just leave it in auto