[SOLVED] 5900x high temp watercooled

qe58hmr

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2014
hi,

my cpu temp is really high its go to 80c while playing games fans on max and pumps on 100% the room temp around 19c my PBO on auto i tried PBO on manual from motherboard the temp didnt go down so i set it back to auto with 100% fans the noise killing me! i really need your help here is my setup and the costum watercooling
msi 3080 suprim x
asus tuf x570-plus wifi
5900x
lian li uni fan sl120 9 fans
lian li xl rog black
corsair ssd mp600 1tb two of them
G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3600 C16 2x16GB
corsair psu rm750x-v2 750 watts

and the costum watercooling
EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple)
EK-CoolStream Classic PE 360
EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi
EK-Quantum Velocity - AMD Nickel + Plexi
EK-Loop Hard Tube 16mm
EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm FAN) Vertical
EK-CryoFuel Navy Blue (Premix 1000mL)
EK-Quantum Vector Trio RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi

bought them all from EKWB
its one loop with 2 radiators
EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi --> 3080 --> radiator 1 --> cpu --> radiator 2 > then again to Kinetic one radiator is up and ather is down
about the fans
3 fans up blowing the air to the radiator to outside the case
the 3 fans down blowing the air to the radiator into the case
2 fans on the side (coudnt fit the third one there) blowing the air in
and one at theback of the case blowing the air in

while playing games 3080 around 65c
cpu around 85c
a local shop who did my pc sorry for my broken english i tried my best :)

Solution
i added some pic

I thought you said your fluid was navy blue cryofuel? Anywho, try flipping those bottom fans into the other direction, sucking hot air up is a logical thing to do but maybe that's what's causing the heat to build up if it's not getting enough air from below. Everything looks good, the only thing that could be causing such high temps are:

• The thermal paste/pads they used were complete garbage or not applied correctly
  • The pump is not spinning at high enough RPM to create a decent flow (despite you saying you maxed the pump speed)

I have a 3900X and a 2080 Ti, so basically the same thing as yours in terms of heat output per wattage and I get nowhere near those temps on water cooling and my room is...
Have you adjusted your pump and fan settings?

The shop who did your PC might've not set your pump speed to high when they gave it to you as well as your fans. Set your pump to max & your fans to 60-80% and see if your temps are still high. If not then you may need to take it back to the shop so they can inspect it themselves, maybe they made a mistake. Those temps are really high even for those specs on water cooling.

qe58hmr

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2014
Have you adjusted your pump and fan settings?

The shop who did your PC might've not set your pump speed to high when they gave it to you as well as your fans. Set your pump to max & your fans to 60-80% and see if your temps are still high. If not then you may need to take it back to the shop so they can inspect it themselves, maybe they made a mistake. Those temps are really high even for those specs on water cooling.
hi there, the pumps on 100% and the fans too on 100% i toke the pc to 2 local shops but they have no clue why its have high temps here in United arab emirates we dont have experts on this kind of things thats why i came here for help

Is the pump flow to both Rads direction correct? Not that one is flowing back into the other and messing it up.

Your 3 fans blowing air down ..... if at the top they should be used as exhaust, sounds like all your fans are blowing into the case but none taking air OUT of it, front & bottom fans to pull air in, top and rear fans to pull air out. Otherwise it is like putting a cork in the exhaust of your car......
dK0TM9C.png

Last edited:

qe58hmr

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2014
Is the pump flow to both Rads direction correct? Not that one is flowing back into the other and messing it up.

Your 3 fans blowing air down ..... if at the top they should be used as exhaust, sounds like all your fans are blowing into the case but none taking air OUT of it, front & bottom fans to pull air in, top and rear fans to pull air out. Otherwise it is like putting a cork in the exhaust of your car......
dK0TM9C.png
the 3 fans on top they blow the air out and the rest of the fans they blow the air in ill try to post some pictures

i added some pic

I thought you said your fluid was navy blue cryofuel? Anywho, try flipping those bottom fans into the other direction, sucking hot air up is a logical thing to do but maybe that's what's causing the heat to build up if it's not getting enough air from below. Everything looks good, the only thing that could be causing such high temps are:

• The thermal paste/pads they used were complete garbage or not applied correctly
  • The pump is not spinning at high enough RPM to create a decent flow (despite you saying you maxed the pump speed)

I have a 3900X and a 2080 Ti, so basically the same thing as yours in terms of heat output per wattage and I get nowhere near those temps on water cooling and my room is always hot, no A/C.

There has to be something physically wrong with the loop somewhere, if only you had a flow meter.

For the CPU, try using Ryzen master to change to lower the CPU's voltages and see if temps improve.

For the GPU, try using MSI afterburner to change the total power draw of the card.

I personally see nothing wrong with this loop, the issue has to be physical and something you need to further investigate yourself or bring back to whoever built it and show them yourself the issue.

Solution

qe58hmr

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2014

I have a 3900X and a 2080 Ti, so basically the same thing as yours in terms of heat output per wattage and I get nowhere near those temps on water cooling and my room is always hot, no A/C.

There has to be something physically wrong with the loop somewhere, if only you had a flow meter.

For the CPU, try using Ryzen master to change to lower the CPU's voltages and see if temps improve.

For the GPU, try using MSI afterburner to change the total power draw of the card.

I personally see nothing wrong with this loop, the issue has to be physical and something you need to further investigate yourself or bring back to whoever built it and show them yourself the issue.
hi there
ill try the ryzen master to lower the voltages can you link me a guide to do that, i looked youtube for a guide saw the dislikes more than the likes thought mybe its not good guide

hi there
ill try the ryzen master to lower the voltages can you link me a guide to do that, i looked youtube for a guide saw the dislikes more than the likes thought mybe its not good guide

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ali2Tw5qc

For a 5900X, try setting voltage to 1.25-1.3 and playing around where you think you can get an all core stable clock, each CPU overclocks in its own way due to the silicon it's made on (silicon lottery) so fine tuning will be needed. Just watch what he says first then give it a try.
DO NOT GO HIGHER THAN 1.4 VOLTS ALL-CORE OVERCLOCK on the CPU, you will damage it long -term.

Reactions: qe58hmr