[SOLVED] 5900x idle temps and voltage when gaming

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Hi i've been using those settings on my 5900x / Dark Hero Motherboard :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nzFeGHe8WR62FpJnV0cOSLAIzNcG7HWm?usp=sharing

I use PBO curve with -15/30,

I still don't get why my idle temps when using normal power plan more are above 50c when lots of people with same system / Aio are having around 40c idle

I'm using an alternative power plan (ryzen sz v4) which lower my temps around 35c but i'm not sure it makes the whole thing stable.

My gaming temps are fine though, around 60c but i'm not comfortable with those idle temps.

Also i've noticed that the vcore while gaming stays quite high even if the temps are not bad at all, around 1.4, is this normal?

Thanks

If my gaming temps were good...I don't see any practical reason to be concerned about lower idle temps. (even if they're higher than other people's because there may be other things at play)

"around 1.4, is this normal? "
....being the BIOS is setting it to 1.4...I wouldn't be concerned about this either.
If it's the correct BIOS (which it should be)...it is designed for that CPU.
ASUS isn't going to run 1.4 on CPU if they think it will damage it.

I still don't get why my idle temps when using normal power plan more are above 50c when lots of people with same system / Aio are having around 40c idle
Is it constantly at 50C or does it just spike up to 50C?

Also i've noticed that the vcore while gaming stays quite high even if the temps are not bad at all, around 1.4, is this normal?
It's normal. All Ryzens go up to 1.4-1.45V for boosting.

Solution