twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
So I just got my Ryzen 5900x and after putting it in my pc I find its idling at 50 C and under load gets as high as 88 C. Is this a cause for concern? I have no idea why. I have a Scythe Fuma 2 and High Performance Corsair Thermal paste. I've re-applid the paste and took the cooler on and off 3 times with no changes. I read 85 isnt healthy for a chip to be running at constantly. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks! (Its at stock settings btw no overclocks whatsoever)

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
First, What are you using to read the temperatues ?
Only Ryzen Master:
AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD
and HWInfo:
Download HWiNFO latest release
can read them properly.

And what is your room temperature ?
The Scythe Fuma 2 is a decent cooler and should be able to keep it at 10-15c above room temp. at idle.

Also how many case fans do you have and where are they ?
A few good fans up front as intake and one at the rear and top as exhaust should move plenty of air through that Coolermaster TUF Q300L case.

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
Only Ryzen Master:
and HWInfo:
can read them properly.

The Scythe Fuma 2 is a decent cooler and should be able to keep it at 10-15c above room temp. at idle.

A few good fans up front as intake and one at the rear and top as exhaust should move plenty of air through that Coolermaster TUF Q300L case.
Im using ryzen master. Just played some games and did a cinebench test with HWinfo and im getting similar temps. I dont understand whats wrong. I had a 3600 in before and it was perfectly fine. Both fans on the cooler are spinning. Do they new chips run hot? I dont see anything online saying so. This is really weird. I actually reached 89.5 which seems pretty concerning :////

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
Only Ryzen Master:
and HWInfo:
can read them properly.

Its 25 degrees C in my house and I have five fans in my case. Two intakes on the front, two exhaust on the top, one exhaust on the rear

Reactions: DMAN999

twgamerbuilder

Distinguished
Apparently that is fairly normal:
Ryzen 5900x idle temp : buildapc (reddit.com)

What Motherboard are you using ?
You could try under-volting the CPU in the BIOS.
Wow I guess it is fairly normal. I cant imagine how hot this thing woulda been if I kept my stock cooler lol. The reddit thread mentions it being 85-90 on a noctua which is fairly comparable to the fuma 2. Still not com-letely comfortable but I guess if its safe its safe. Might get a corsair h150i to be safe.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Last edited: