5ghz gets disconnected randomly and it does weird stuff before it connects back

shadyvipy

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
So i have a tp-link ac1200 wireless usb and it supports dual-band 2.4 + 5 ghz. So obviously man gonna use 5ghz since it gives me 150mpbs and 2.4 gives me around 100mpbs.

Mostly when i start up my pc, it is connected fine, until 10-15 minutes later the connection bar is on the last bar, then it drops connection. I go to connect to the same wifi, its full bar and while connecting, it resets usb or something like that. It shows that i don't have anything plugged in that should give me wifi signals. Then it says that its plugged but no wifi is found, then it says wifi found and i try to connect to my wifi again and same thing happens, its 50/50 chance of working when i take the usb out and plug it back in.

I live in a 2 story house, and the router is down stairs literally below my room.

I've done multiple things.
- Turning pc 90 degrees, 180, 270,
- Wifi - properties - Private
- all "turn this device off to save power" is turned off
- google dns is on (8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4)
- Nobody in my area is using 5 ghz (checked with wifi analyzer) so changing channels doesn't make a difference
- Drivers up to date (even tried out drivers that came with the usb and same thnig)
- In power options, Its set to high performance. Usb selective suspend is disabled
- wireless adapter settings is set to high performance

In the last post i got this message
Based on your description, it seems like the USB port is getting overloaded and dropping the adapter. Or, perhaps the adapter has an internal hardware fault causing it to physically drop off the USB bus when changed to 5Ghz mode.

Make sure it's plugged into the motherboard port and not the front of the case. If it's on USB 2.0, move to USB 3.0. Likewise, if it's on 3.0 move to a 2.0 port.

ITS STILL not working :( I tried it, Every usb port does this. Motherboard usb ports, 3.0 2.0 front usb ports.

Someone said to try wireless on another computer and it worked perfectly, but it still doesn't work perfectly on this computer. I have no idea what i should do to fix this.

Solution
If you have a powered Hub, try it from there.

If it is a power issue, it could mean your PSU just isnt able to supply enough juice on the +5v rail (which is a bit unusual).